HHgregg / rude, insulting staff

I will never shop at this store again.

A few weeks ago I was insulted by one of the sales staff when I went in to purchase a digital camera at HHgregg. First off, it was a Sunday. The first day of their new sale for the week and the display version of the camera I was looking for wasn't even charged up. The sales rep nor the manager seemed to really care as they were reluctant to open a new one for me to test out because as they put it "if I didn't buy it, then they would have to sell it to someone else at a discount because the box was open." It's not my fault that they didn't think ahead to have the display version charged up, especially on the first day it was featured in their sales circular.

Finally, after spending more time than I should have convincing the manager that I wasn't interested in any other models and needed to test the camera I was interested in before I purchased it, he opened a new one. As I took about five minutes to test the camera and look through the menu options (just as any other prudent shopper would do) the sales rep told me I was "taking it too seriously and that it was only $200." I was so insulted and taken aback. I left the camera there and told him he could keep it.

$2, $200, or $2000 it's my hard earned money and if I wanted to spend all day testing the camera, that should have been my choice as a customer in that store. Not to mention that I am an HHgregg account holder and had a store credit that I had to use in the store. I'd had purchased a large screen TV and washer and dryer in that same store before and had every intention to purchase the camera that day before I was treated so poorly. I wrote a letter and sent it to corporate and still haven't heard back from anyone. I guess HHgregg does not care about customer service! If you like to be insulted and treated poorly HHgregg is your place!

Va

Comments

• At
      6th of May, 2009

I had a similar experience down here in Florida. I was trying to buy a washer and dryer and I asked the sales guy about one of them. Instead of answering my questions, he immediately tried to sell me a more expensive model. When I said I was not interested he ARGUED with me and insulted my intelligence, telling me that I was "afraid of buttons" and that I was afraid of using hot water. I was like "What the HECK are you talking about? I just want to know about this washer. That is what I asked you about!" He continued to argue and tell me why I was too afraid to use a "new fangled" washer. Normally I am polite but this guy made me so angry I just threw up my hand and walked away. After this experience and reading other peoples experiences all over the country with this chain, I will NEVER shop there and I will recommend that my friends and family do not as well.

• He
      12th of Jul, 2010

It's not Walmart. You can't just walk in and start opening $200 pieces of equipment to play with and test out without buying it.