HGTV Magazine / subscription I didn't order

Today (june 15, 2016) I received an email with a bill for $18 for an hgtv magazine subscription that I did not order. Like all the other folks who have posted, I did enter a contest that seems to have generated the subscription.

The good news is that I called the number provided by another poster [protected]. Spoke to a very pleasant woman (kate?). Gave her my birthdate & address and she was happy to cancel the subscription. She said that I might receive a bill in the mail but that I should just throw it away and keep the first magazine as a courtesy.

Yes, it wasted my time to resolve but it was easily done - thanks to this website!

Bl
Jun 15, 2016

Comments

• Je
      12th of Jul, 2016

This very same thing happened to me. I found this article via search and called the number you listed. I was told the same thing. When I entered an HGTV home giveaway sweepstakes I was inadvertently entered for subscription I didn't order. The person told me no problem, theyd cancel that right away. Today I received a bill in the mail and a June Magazine. I am livid. Obviously both these things were sent to me well after I spoke with someone in Customer Service. I guess I will have to do this all over again in the morning. This is NOT fair. I feel that I have been scammed.

• Li
      16th of Nov, 2017

I received a bill for 11 issues of this magazine. I never asked for the subscription. I haven't called them but I will if need be. I am pretty sure this kind of stuff doesn't help your magazines popularity. I would appreciate it if you would take me off of your "to be billed list". I haven't even received one copy of this magazine either! Please contact me by email: lbnakamoto@gmail.com.

• Fo
      14th of Jan, 2018

I was charged for an online Kindle subscription despite my refusing to subscribe after the first free 30 days.

• Co
      4th of Apr, 2018

I have a bill for a subscription I did not order. I have tried going to the email on the invoice which takes me to a page (pay.hgtvmag.com) to subscribe for a new subscription or renew. The IT Department at my work blocked this site (pay.hgtvmag.com) as a scam. So HGTV I did not order not am I subscribing to your magazine. Sincerely, Acct 1492085558 per invoice received in the mail.

• Ko
      23rd of Jun, 2018

This is a scam so beware. If you enter an HGTV home giveaway sweepstakes, you will automatically receive a FINAL notice for a magazine subscription you never initiated nor authorized. There are several laws violated here and there is no disclaimer anywhere on the HGTV site that allows them to send you a magazine, both online or in paper edition. They will however send you a bill for something you never received in hopes that at $15.00 or $18.00 (randomly generated amounts) that you will think "ok, it's a small enough amount."

I have filed a formal complaint with the FTC on behalf of consumers.

• Ro
      11th of Jan, 2019

I did not order your hgtv mag acct # 1319218010 please cancel.

• To
      13th of Jan, 2019

I did not order your hgtv mag acct #2293793960 please cancel.

• Mr
      13th of Jan, 2019

Emails about a bill are not the same thing as receiving a bill. I get email receipts from apple, bank of America, PayPal all the time.

It's just some m*o*r*o*n who can't write his email address correctly.