HGTV Magazine / serious issues re: subscription to hgtv magazine!

1 Orange Park, FL 32073667 English Meadows Court, United States Review updated:

In september 2015, I decided to subscribe to hgtv magazine by mailing in the small postcard that's frequently included in their issues. I received a bill for $19.99 within a matter of approximately 10 days. I continued to receive "reminders" of the outstanding balance over the next three months - however, I never received any of the magazines during this timeframe! When I called their customer service department (after searching the internet to find a valid telephone number), I finally reached a representative who explained to me that she would send the first issue. I eventually received my first issue, but it was over two months old! I called again, explaining i'm not comfortable paying twenty bucks for a subscription when I never even got the magazine. I promptly called them again and canceled my "subscription" (did I ever even have one to begin with?) and asked that they no longer send me invoices for something I never received. I'm a bit surprised at the poor customer service and lackluster business practices this well-known brand is applying to their unsuspecting (potential) customers. Shame on hgtv! I expected much more. I will continue to look to the other home decor magazines for inspiration - they're much more affordable and, obviously, value me more as their customer.

Re
Dec 17, 2015

Comments

• Sm
      11th of Jul, 2016

Ordered one year subscription. Did not renew. Continued to get the magazine and a bill for $34.97. I have responded twice by mail and once by email saying I did not renew nor did I care for this magazine. While typing this complaint, someone just answered my phone call. Chelsea. She said that my writing the company was never read because it is done by an imagine scanner. She politely cancelled everything and since I had called in, she proceeded to offer me a (paid) subscription to another magazine. Are you kidding? Oh, my. I would not have taken a free one! I have been trying to get OUT!