HGTV / just another cheap product

HGTV has a bogus backyard giveaway contest. The catch, you have to answer a servey for numerous products, companies, then subscribe to some of them BEFORE you can proceed with the "contest" entry. One page asks for the last 4 digits of your social security number. This is not a contest. Just another cheap shot aiming to make more money from advertising.

Li

Comments

• Lo
      30th of Aug, 2008

You NEVER include the labor costs in any of your projects on any shows. Labor is over $25 per hour on many things including landscaping projects. Please include labor costs as many of us would like to do some of the things you suggest but when the men look at the project are unhappy that it can't be done for the amount that you tell on TV...

• Re
      8th of Sep, 2015

We as well as many others are having a terrible time trying to hear the
    Dialogue, the background music or whatever you call it completely
    Destroys the enjoyment of any show.We try to find enjoyment from
    Some shows such as hgtv or pickers. Please help us to get back to
    Where we can once again enjoy o ur the services we pay for.
    Phone number 585 746 0641

• Re
      7th of Jan, 2016

I have been billed by HGTV magazine for a subscription for the amount of $18.00 I spoke to Alexi at extension 2126 telephone number 1800 840 8056 she said I entered a "sweepstake" so they automatically bill me for a subscription. I asked her to remove the bill and void the invoice as I believe it to a scam.

• Mi
      15th of Aug, 2018
    HGTV - Fixer upper
    Tampa
    Florida

What has happened to HGTV? Every time I went I go to turn on HGTV all I see is fixer upper I am so over it. What happened to the other shows? Has fixer upper own HGTV now? I know in my location is on Tuesday Thursday and today it's on all afternoon and I'm sure it'll be on all weekend to this is crazy this is ridiculous. I could care less to watch

5th of Sep, 2018
    HGTV - magazine subcription
    Alamogordo
    New Mexico

publishers clearing house, , send you a sweepstakes, and when you sihn up for the contest they automatically, , sigh you up for hgtv subcription, and no way to cancel, , and, , I tried several times to customer service and they want you to call, so they can scam you more, , pissed off

• Ro
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Hurst Magazines (HGTV magazine) - billing fraud
    Harlan
    Iowa

Received a bill for subscription which I did not authorize. When I tried to call they just wanted to explain why I was lucky enough to get it. When I told them I wanted no conversation but to cancel the bill they insisted on trying to explain why I should pay, and when I got more determined to get the bill canceled, they hung up on me.