Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company / laptop computer faulty

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 by   User
I am very disappointed that I bought a HP laptop notebook which was unable to use Yahoo as a search engine. Despite 10 hours of trying to tackle the problem, 4.5 of which was online chatting to HP support I was still unable to solve the problem. As a result I have now given up and returned the computer to John Lewis for refund and purchased a different brand. Among the issues was an apparent outdated version of Windows installed requiring hours of deleting and reloading new software which still didn't work. In addition the support chat took several attempts to connect with 6 case numbers emailed to me. The final advice was emailed instructions to return to factory default settings. Those instructions didn't work from the first with an instruction to keep pressing F11 key every second for an indefinite time until an instruction appeared - I gave up after 60 seconds or so. Finally I get very frustrated that websites (in this case the HP website) have no access or links for customer complaints. When trying to communicate for support it required the serial number and I entered that correctly several times and it didn't recognise it. Neither was the product code recognised. Hours of frustration and wasted time - I have now returned the product and unless I get a satisfactory result from this complaint I will never buy another HP product and will let friends and family know of my experience.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Laptops / Notebooks

Comments

N  23rd of Jan, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
proberly had a faulty drive or motherboard
as for the os proberly windows 10 which will most likely have many updates to get since just got

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
Customer Care Service