Hewlett Packard Hp / poor quality

1 British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I got my HP Pavillion DV9930 on October 18, 2008. Opened it only a week after I got it from canada post. Purchased it online thru bestbuy. But the laptop came directly from HP warehouse, as it's noted on the box. It was working fine for a week, but all of a sudden, the screen went black for no reason. I Turned it off and on, same thing. I called HP and I shipped it to them for repair. On November 28, 2008 I got it back. The screen was working except that the screen was dirty. So I said, Its ok, I wiped it and turned it on. When I started to use it, guess what? the keyboard was loose. It seemed they're adding more problems. So I called HP again and was told to ship it back. I havent even got the box yet now my touchpad is getting hot. I only even used it for an hour and half just watching a movie. I called HP again to report it. It seems there's no end of me sending it back and forth to HP until the warranty runs off. They can only tell me it will be checked and repaired. Take note This was just bought Oct. 18, 2008. I WON'T EVER RECOMMEND HP TO ANYONE. VERY POOR QUALITY.

Sa

Comments

• Te
      15th of Dec, 2008

I am also sufferer of HP Notebook..HP Product Name: HP Pavilion Notebook DV9429, which I bought in US Dec '07 and Came back to India same month.

Due to some technical, my notebook is not working no display. So I went to HP local service centre(chennai) on 15th Nov '08. Initially they said :

* They wont take out of country purchase notebook for service.
    After talking to US HP customer care then they agreed to take after few days.

* When decided to take it service, they started saying ur notebook has warranty expired. I said how come its brand new laptop and not even one year old. Then I showed only purchase copy. Thier representative said we wont deal with Notebook which are bought online. I really got shocked then where can I get service for online purchase. He didnt answer anything. Finally somehow they managed to accept my notebook for service.

* I was asked to take back up of data's as a procedure, so i took my laptop and promised them to handover for service same say evening, Mean while few hours later I got call saying that you dont have serial no sticker at the back side of the notebook.

Its really made me annoy. Then could nt even know how find the serial no in laptop if its not there at the back of the notebook. I showed in the bias. They agreed. Thank god finally war got over !!

HP customer service manger (chennai) and regional manager apologised me for inconvience. They promised your notebook will ready within 3 days if parts are available in india or 10 days if its from overseas.

I said ok.

Now its been 30 days but no proper response. Everytime I call them they send SMS after that saying we awaiting part arrival confirmation date HP GSO.

Whats this .. IS this the way to treat customer.

After spending lots of lots money in this machine if no service means, They shd be ashamed of themselves.

This is really disgusting. now I am planning to file a case against HP In cunsumer court.

Please people who are suffereing from HP join with me. Dont Buy HP notebooks please ...