Hp Officejet J4550 — ink, printer quality, scanner not working, hp compatible catridges not working
I had an HP all in one printer that served me well for 4 years until I wore the belt out. I thought it was a good enough product to buy another HP. I ended up buying an HP Officejet J 4550. I've had it for nearly 6 months. It has been the most disappointing piece of crap I've purchased.
I installed the driver that operates it. When I tried to use the scanner; it did not work. When I tried to use the fax, it did not work. I did manage to get it to print and copy, but the quality is sub-standard. Even when I tell it to print "Best" quality, it leaves lines throughout the photos. The text it prints gets cut off and you have to use certain fonts to get it to work properly. The blacks are not black enough. The ink runs out right away. I've spent a fortune in printer ink and when you re-fill the cartridges; it doesn't work. I tried to use the bigger black ink cartridge that is suppose to be compatible. 901 cartridges work. When I put in the 901XL HP printer ink, my computer through the HP program prompts me that it is not compatible and will not print so I'm out 30.00 there. I'm using the exact cartridge it tells me I should, but tells me it is incorrect. I haven't tried to talk to any tech support at HP, but have been reading people's complaints on-line. I'm filing a complaint to warn others. I'm feeling frustrated and ripped off.
The first HP all in one printer I had worked great until I wore out the belt. I did everything on it and the quality was good...not perfect...but decent. However, after this second one, I will be avoiding HP altogether.
More Hp Officejet J4550 Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless!
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product!
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service!
- Hp Pl4260n 42 - failure to work
- Hp, Monitor, 22xi, - started hazzy lines and went bad within 4 months, accepted for repair but not completed within 2 months and requestint two more months now
- HP - hp products and customer service
- HP - repair scam
- HP - shipment delayed by 3 weeks