Hertz Rent A Car / upgrade
We for the first and last time rented a car from Hertz at DIA and was offered an upgrade (one level) mid size for "about" the same price using the attendants words. When I received my credit card statement I noticed that I had been charged by not only the company that I booked from (Hotwire) but also had and additional huge charge from Hertz and was charged for gas as well. This "about" the same charge was an ADDITIONAL $160.00. How is that "about" the same for an upgrade from a compact to a mid size? We didn't get a luxury car, or an SUV. I did NOT ask for the upgrade, it was offered to us AND not knowing we had already been billed, signed the agreement thinking it was what we owed for the rental. We didn't even pay that amount for our airline tickets! We thought the attendant was trying to be kind so that we would rent again from Hertz. Needless to say it was our first and our last rental. We have NEVER had a problem like this before with any other rental agency. Customer Service gave us a whole 50.00 refund. Wow how generous of you! Pays for the full tank of gas we turned the car in with and then we were charged 37.27 for turning the car in full. BAD business!!!
More Hertz Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Hertz - verbale fine online 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - incorrect charged of 150€ after 5 months 
- Hertz Car Rental - i'll never rent from them again! 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - traffic ticket in italy 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - visa charges 
- Hertz - dnr on my account because employee of hertz didn't turn in my gift certificate when I returned the car. he kept it.
- Hertz Rental Car - car rental
- Hertz - rental record #375436703 - date of rental 2/4/19
- Hertz Car Rental - charge for so called damage to vehicle.
- Hertz - quality service and being overcharged