Hertz Car Rental / unethical charging of credit card
I hired a car from Hertz UK for two days. When I returned the car the agent looked at it, said it was OK and told me I could go.
Two months later Hertz charged my credit card for 220 euro.
I phoned them and asked why. They said they were charging me for damage I had caused to the car.
After my phone call they put internal record sheets in the post to me showing that some of the damage they had charged me for was already noted on the pre rental form.
For three months I tried to get clarification. In the end they referred me to the small print which says they can charge what they like.
They said my only choice was to refuse to pay the credit card payment in which case they would pursue me with a debt collection agency.
So the summarise the service Hertz offers:
They charge your card without giving you notice or warning
They don't tell you what they charge you for
They threaten you with debt collectors if you don't agree with them
I would advise people not to use Hertz unless they are willing to have their credit card abused.
More Hertz Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Hertz - verbale fine online 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - incorrect charged of 150€ after 5 months 
- Hertz Car Rental - I'll never rent from them again! 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - traffic ticket in italy 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - visa charges 
- Hertz - unauthorized charge
- Hertz - broken rental contract
- Hertz - car rental / poor car inspections
- Hertz - dangerous rental car
- Hertz Rent A Car - deceit and extremely poor customer service