Hertz — bait and switch
I booked a standard size car from Hertz via Hotwire.com. It indicated a Ford Fusion or similar. When I got to the counter, they said I was getting a two-door car. I asked if the Ford Fusion was 4-door, and they said yes. After showing them that I was told it would be a Ford Fusion or similar, their response was "in the Charlotte Airport, a standard vehicle is a two door car and not a Ford Fusion". I responded with "give me any four-door car" and they said for an additional price. I explained again what I had been led to believe, and showed them the paperwork. They insisted that I would get a 2-door car for the "standard" vehicle. I asked them to work with me on the upgrade, and they said It would be an extra $55 for three days. I said how about $10 a day difference, knowing that the next level was usually not that much difference in price. I was told that the next level was $40 extra a day!! I didn't pay that much for the initial rental, much less an additional amount. I took the $55 extra as the manager was not available.
I called Hertz and they told me to speak with the manager upon return, or wait until the rental was done and contact billing. I spoke with a manager upon return, and he said he could not credit me any money. I have not been successful contacting billing.
I will contest the charge on my CC soon if I don't get any resolve.
More Hertz Complaints & Reviews
- Hertz - verbale fine online 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - incorrect charged of 150€ after 5 months 
- Hertz Car Rental - i'll never rent from them again! 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - traffic ticket in italy 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - visa charges 
- Hertz Car Rental - hertz billed me 151.60 british pounds for a service they never provided; etc etc 
- Hertz Thrifty Dollar Ireland - Hertz Rent A Car Wexford - scam for bogus "incidents" - hertz thrifty dollar
- Hertz - car rental 
- Hertz - van rental
- Hertz - car rental