HDFC Fixed Deposit / refusal to close fd

1 India Review updated:

Hdfc bank and its customer service is the worst of its kind in india. I have been a customer of this pathetic bank for over 5 years and they would treat you like your worthless. I made a huge mistake of opening an fd through phone banking back in jan. 2-3 days later I wanted to close it due to an urgency but their stupid reps at the call centre told me I would have to go to the bank to do that. Somebody ask these idiots why in hell would a busy person take time out to go to the bank to undo what he did over the phone. Oh I definately will go to the bank but that would be only to close my account with this crappy bank not to close my fd. Whats even more pathetic is their refusal to acknowledge any complaints they receive. I dropped my list of concerns in their drop box around a month back and ive still not received any response. Icici your lucky cos im coming your way very soon and hdfc I hope you burn in hell.. !!

Ni

Comments

• Le
      12th of Sep, 2008
    Hdfc Fixed Deposit - variation of interest rate

When I booked my Fixed Deposit for 1 year 15 days through phone banking they told that my F.D booked at the rate of 10% after ten days I got the F.D. receipt it printed 1year 11 days and the interest rate is 9%. One of my coleage also get the same experience. I don't think it is a typical error some type of cheating is going because before ending the telephonic conversation they repeted the details of the booking that time it is o.k. and how it will change after that.

• Ab
      9th of Jun, 2009

really correct..

They have the worst customer service among all tha banks...

Abhishek