HDFC Credit Card / overbilling without purchase

I am a credit card holder of hdfc bank since last two years. In the month of sep 2006 i purchased online airticket from indian airlines after booking i cancelled the same and merchant has reversed back the same amount that is rs. 4355 which is showing in the next month bill of hdfc. But at the same time the statement is again showing debited from my a/c. After notice this i called several times to hdfc bank customer care they are just giving me assurance that it will be rectify soon and kindly bear with us. In this regard i've given lot of emails and written letter to bank . But sometimes they reply we r looking the matter on the priority basis but nothing has happened still i am getting the bill with late fine and interest charges. Now i got the mail from hdfc suggesting kindly liase with the merchant. Copy bof the mail i am attaching below.

Dear Mr. Singh,

This is further to your e mail regarding the card account.

At the outset, we sincerely regret the inordinate delay in our response. We kindly request you to treat the same as an exception as we are committed to providing quality customer service.

With reference to your query on the transaction of Rs. 4,355 incurred at M/s. Indian Airlines. we wish to reiterate that as per our records the above mentioned transaction credited back to your card account and subsequently was charged again by the merchant .

Hence, we request you to liaise with the merchant for further assistance regarding refund of the above mentioned transaction on your card account.

Further, we wish to confirm that in appreciation of your relationship with us, we have already reversed the late payment fee of Rs. 392.84 billed to your card account in January 07 statement.

We take this opportunity to confirm that the total outstanding dues on the card account as on date is Rs. 9,694.14.

We request you to quote this number " [protected] " (also given in the subject of this mail) in all your future correspondence regarding the same query.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification please feel free to contact our Customer Service Executives at any of our 24 hour Call Center telephone numbers given below.

Assuring you of our best service always,

Customer Service Officer

24 Hr Customer Support Center Numbers

Ahmedabad/ Baroda/ Rajkot/ Surat/ Ankleshwar/ Bharuch/ Gandhinagar/ Bardoli / Vapi / Bhavanagar/ Dahej/Silvassa/ Daman [protected]
Bangalore / Mysore/ Mangalore [protected]
Bhopal [protected]
Chandigarh / Ropar / Rajpura / Sohana/ Rohtak / Jammu [protected]
Chennai [protected] Coimbatore / Trichy/ Erode/ Madurai [protected]
Cochin / Thiruvalla/ Calicut / Manjeri/ Chenganacherry 0484

N  6th of Oct, 2007 by
Dear Sir,
I have applied for credit card of HDFC online
But still there is no response from your side
WHy should i expect from your side.
Vikram Singh
N  9th of Apr, 2008 by
The Customer Care officer

Dear sir

My HDFC card No is 5176521000990848.

My Date of birth is 13th february 1962

Now I am shifted to Coimbatore and I want to change my mailing address. Kindly help me in this regard, because I can't able to receive my monthly card statment, therefore payment delayed.

Thanks & Regards

N  8th of Mar, 2009 by
dear sir
my name is kailash vandre, credit card no:4346 7810 0454 5174
date of birth 21/10/1979
in dec-2008 i have been oferrd the bajaj allianz mediclaim policy
on the condition of cancellation if not required,
but after giong through all the hard copies of policy docs. i've called customer care dept n requested for cancellation n that is confirmed by
customer care executive. but then also HDFC bank officials sending me the SMS on my mobile no. tht Rs 7000+ AMOUNT IS DUE TOWARDS ME, whereas i've not done any purchase on my cardsince DEC-2008
I M DOUBTFUL whether it is customer care dept OR CUSTOMER HARRASMENT DEPT