HDFC bank / fraud account statement

1 India Review updated:

I really feel insecure to have account with HDFC.On 06-Sep-08 Rupees 2300 withdrawn from my account. But i didn't even go to ATM that day and i hold my card. Phone inquiry says i withdrawn money from an ATM. I don't know how can i get my money back... HDFC shows like they are not responsible this!!!

Comments

• Ha
      11th of Sep, 2008

I have opened my account in HDFC bank branch kabir park opp. gurnanak dev university Amritsar on 22/07/08.
    I have not received my cheq book and other documents which are given by the bank after opening the account. I have received the message of opening my account on my phone after 5 days after opening my account and i have conformed my a/c no from the custormer care my a/c no. is 04761000036815 . I have gone to the branch three times but no one gave response . I think the branch is not under a responsible person.

• Ra
      13th of Oct, 2008

I am NRI and holder of HDFC NRE account, Rs.40, 000.00 has been fraudly withdrawn from my account on 25/09/2008 and 26/09/2008. I asked the bank and they said that cash is withdrawn from ATM machine at some places in Russia. I am in Dubai and have not given my debit card or used it and it is under lock and key with me. How it can happen that anybody can use my debit card and take out money in Russia, I have never been to Russia in my entire life. I asked the bank and they say that I am responsible for this as debit card is with me.

I am asking that how it is possible for me to go to Russia and take out money and come back same day in Dubai ? it is impossible. It is HDFC bank responsiblity to give my money back.