HDFC bank / ecs money not received

1 Saudi Arabia

I am an NRI working in a senior level in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I send Rs.60000 via electronic transfer from Al Rajhi Bank at Jubail on 01.03.2009. When I checked, I came to know from the HDFC bank authorities that the money is credited in my account (SB A/C No. [protected], at Kalamassery Branch in Cochin, Kerala) on 02.03.2009 but it had been reversed back to Al Rajhi bank on the same day as per them. When I checked with the Al Rajhi bank authorities, they confirmed that the money had not reached them till now and they have registered a complaint against the same also.

I am registering a complaint here by and I am disappointed with your bank’s performance and want to know that how the money can be reversed after crediting to the account. Also due to such happenings our faith in your bank is deteriorating day by day. Also I want to point out that two of my cheques to your bank might have got bounced by now due to the problem and you might have debited the demurrage promptly by now. We the customers are not only loosing the money but also have to go through high tension due to such incidents. It is not at all good for a reputed bank like yours which claims to be customer friendly.

Expecting an immediate reply and solution,

Yours truly,