Harley Davidson / quality
I purchased a brand new HD Sportster 1200 XLC at the end of Sept 2013.
The bike was illegally registered with KMH speedometer and headlight for EU use so it cannot be used on UK roads.
After one month from new one of the locks failed and it took TWO MONTHS only to have the spare, but the most serious matter is that
on the 30th Nov 2013 (when the vehicle was only 60 days old) the bike presented widespread sign of corrosion (mainly rust) is several areas. Wheels, top shock absorbers, bolts and, most serious of all, welding of the frame.
To have such problems of rust after few days from new is a clear evidence of the very poor build quality of these bikes.
My HD Sportster here in the UK costs GBP 38 / KG, now a brand new Nissan Juke (which is a car..) costs something in the area of 11 GBP / KG. To find a vehicle with a similar price per KG as my HD one has to look at Mercedes E63 AMG (cost 39 GBP / KG).
The price of HD is not minimally justified by their outrageous price. To buy a HD is a big mistake.
More Harley Davidson Complaints & Reviews
- Harley-Davidson - harassment 
- Harley Davidson - lies and warranty 
- Harley Davidson - warranty 
- Harley Davidson Motorcycles - hidden charges 
- Harley Davidson - bad quality 
- Harley Davidson FXST 2007 - paint failure
- Harley Davidson - extended service protection
- Harley Davidson - replacement of parts n delay of 7 months
- Harley Davidson - the new riders course
- Harley Davidson - awful, awful, awful