H & R Block / advance line of credit

1 Portsmouth, OH, United States Review updated:

My husband and I filed our taxes @ hr block. We got our taxes and about 2weeks later I checked our card. And it said we had a $900.00 advance line of credit. Hr block kept on telling us we could get the money. But we never did. Then I checked the card again than it says $0 line of credit. You may contact us @ [protected]

Comments

• Pa
      19th of Feb, 2009

The Same Thing Just Happened to Me and i really need it to pay a bill this place is a scam
    I had $900 credit line called to transfer it every time it said they could not proccess it be cause it was there down time & i would be able to access it on feb 16th. i called back on feb 17th and still could not transfer the funds so i spoke with a rep again
    she said the misinformed me and i would be able to access the 900 on feb 21.
    today i called and my line of credit was gone($0.00) Again I spoke with a rep
    the man was nasty and said my deadline to use it was feb 15th i told him i tried to load it on my card before that
    ans i was told you had to reapply online. some should have said that the first time i called and all the differnet information i recieved
    each time i called has me worried about trusting theese people with my tax money
    pernst78@msn.com

21st of Feb, 2009

The exact same thing happened to me this week. For the last week or so, the system kept saying that I have $800 available on my advance line of credit. When i tried to transfer the funds, it stated that they were "unable to complete the transaction." The next day, the system states that I have $0 available. I called H & R Block Bank, not the number on the back of the emerald card, and was told that my $800 was reduced to $0 because the emerald advance period ended Feb. 15th. I told the rep that I have direct deposit of my paycheck, which is a requirement to keep the advance year-round. She then stated that I am no longer eligible because I was supposed to have my emerald advance paid down by Feb. 15th. and I had failed to do so. I advised her that I had my taxes prepared on Jan. 22nd, and that the IRS deposited my $ on Feb. 6th, so that is their issue if they didn't apply it to my account by Feb. 15th. I was also told that you have to reapply, and I did and have heard nothing from them. Today when i went to their website, it says that if you got an advance from them between Nov. 2008-Jan. 2009, DO NOT reapply. I have never had a problem with H& R until this year. I will not go back next year.

• Sw
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Hi, my name is Kim Tipsord and I own a small tax preparation and bookkeeping company.

I am NOT trying to sell you anything but I may be able to help. Please e-mail me at info@swansonqualityservices.com

I don't make false promised but I might be able to make some contacts on your behalf or help you sort it out. We offer nationwide services so we can help anyone anywhere.

• Mo
      1st of Jun, 2010

Your post makes no sense. The advance line of credit is something you apply for in December, not when you do your tax return. And is only useable until and must be paid off by Feb. 15. This is explained very clearly when you apply, and in all the paperwork you get that no one ever reads. Don't be blaming a company for your own stupidity.