Gumtreefraudster using gumtree to get money - reported to fraud dept

I am trying very hard to get Gumtree to listen.
They have a lady who uses the Gumtree site looking for people who are looking for houses to rent. We are getting approach by the woman called Elzbieta Wakeling claiming to have a house she wants to rent out.
She bombards you with emails asking for money £500 up front to view a house that is not hers. I and several others have been targeted. Mine was so bad that I had to call in fraud dept.
Gum tree should vet these people. I have added it to facebook along with the fake passport and fake deeds etc to a house that I visited and the real owners are mortified.
I have many different phone numbers and email addresses elating to this woman and I and others all have the same story she gives us. I think gumtree could do better and are partly responsible for helping fraudsters like this woman by not checking them out.

Mc
Jan 30, 2018

Comments

Feb 02, 2018

Well done for trying- maybe the council or Citizens Advice could give better guidance. I doubt that Gumtree is well run any more. I have just been 'removed' from access because of criticising the poor quality of two 'chats. I tried to get an ad running to find volunteers for a community website. I am staggered by all the negatives on Trustpilot.