Guitar Center- Chattanooga, TN / customer service

1 Chattanooga, TN, United States Review updated:

Today, April 23rd, I called my local Guitar Center in Chattanooga to ask about a Digital Voice Recorder adapter cable. I'm a frequent shopper and former employee of the store.

My boyfriend I called to ask about a 1/8 inch cable unto USB. Once we were transferred over to Pro-Audio a man named "Jonathan" answered and we asked him about the cable. He started to laugh and say "Cmon man, what is this a joke?" and continued to be oblivious to the fact that we were good customers, and nothing else. We told him, "No, I need a cable" and he explained "Oh, no I don't think we have it". By the time my boyfriend hung up the phone, 'Jonathan' had been rude to us, disrespectful and displayed no customer service skills what-so-over. We were asking a legitimate question, and he had scoffed at us like we were so below 'his level'.

I don't think anyone deserves to be treated like this. Especially not two good customers (and former employees).

Congratulations, Guitar Center.

You just lost two more customers.

And I will be contacting Guitar Center corporate.

We'll be shopping at Humbucker Music and Picker's Exchange from now on. :)

Comments

14th of Jul, 2010

That's because 1/8" to usb doesn't exist. But I do agree that GC sucks. In fact, I was the other Assistant Manager at that store and I worked with Johnathan Mark.