Greendot / fraudulent check
I received a check from US Bank but issued from the Greendot Grant Program. It was in the amount of $957.71 and I was informed that I had been selected to receive a $10, 000 grant and that after I gave Linda Spaulding her check for $403.00 for her commission for finding me this grant that I would receive the second check with the rest of the money ($9, 042.29). I immediately googled the Greendot grant program and this is what I found. So we called Moneygram which is who the check is done by and the lady informed us that they stopped making checks for US Bank over a year ago. So this is definitely a scam. Please beware. Trust me I was tempted but had to do the research first. The money would have been wonderful, to be able to pay off bills and be able to get the larger car we need since we are expecting our third child and our other two children are still in car seats. I hope this helps someone.
More Greendot Complaints & Reviews
- Green Dot Moneypak - stolen money 
- Walmart Green Dot Money Card - where's my money 
- Walmart Money Card - Visa Prepaid Card Through Ge Money Bank And Green Dot Corp. - can't access money/use card/get a live cust. service rep 
- Green Dot - unlock accounts 
- Green Dot Money Pak - part of a scam 
- Green Dot Corporation - no resolve
- Greendot - fraudulent charge on my card
- Green Dot Corporation - my money that has been blocked. I really need my money
- Green Dot Corporation - direct deposit of college financial aid
- Green Dot Corporation - bank account was hacked!!!