Great Call / Jitterbug / Service Cancellation

1 P. O. Box 4428Carlsbad, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-733-6632

Purchased a Jitterbug phone for elderly man in 2008, when I called today 6/24/14 to cancel representative was extremely rude and argumentative about cancellation. My father-in-law just will not use the phone, service is very poor in his area and he has used the phone for a total of one minute in six years. She argued that I should keep it for him for an emergency. She finally told me that she was going to "let me" put the phone in the glove compartment for an emergency. I assumed my service was cancelled as I requested. She kept repeating that he really needed a phone if he was driving. In an attempt to end the call I asked if service had been cancelled, she told me "NO" because I wanted to put it in the glove compartment. When I told her I absolutely positively wanted to cancel service she then went into a sales presentation about a safety device they had also. I asked to speak to a supervisor and got no better treatment from her. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Comments

• Ea
      18th of Sep, 2018

All, I've had the opposite customer service . . . . my husband is a disabled veteran (time in Korea and two tours in Nam) and due to exposer of agent orange ended up with Parkinson's and due to the meds now suffers with dementia. After two calls to 911, the police officer suggested the phone be taken away from him. That was 9 months ago and I'm just getting around to canceling the service (hoping he would get better). It took less than 10 minutes and I had a very understanding customer rep that cancelled the service effective today! I was impressed after reading what others went through.