Google Tree / fraud!

98433, WA, United States Review updated:
3.95
I recently decided since I am a stay at home wife to make some more money. I decided to go with google tree as it "seemed" like a reliable site.. After reading all the circumstances and fine print I decided it would be a good idea to try it.. After all it only was supposed to cost me the shipping and handling charges of $3.88... Wrong. This morning 12/30/08 I decided to check the bank account and saw an unauthorized fradulent charge of $72.21 by google tree. I immidiatley called them and began to complain, the man on the other line stated that there was nothing he could do about a refund because I was sent an e-mail and it clearly stated there the terms and stipulations. Funny thing... I never recieved an e-mail!! So after talking to those nit-wits I decided to call the bank and put a stop on the money, the bank told me there is nothing I could do yet, because it was still a hold and had not been processed.. [meaning that google tree hadn't recieved the money] but once the money went through the account to call them bank and they would go after google tree for fraud.. The nice woman I talked to said that it sounded like I had a legitimate case, and although not a 100% sure it sounded as though the odds of getting my money back was great. Morale of the story..

Do not trust online companies
&
Do not even attempt to try google tree!

-pissed_in_seattle
Cm

Comments

Ke
  9th of Dec, 2008
Yep, the ### holes got to me too. A $ 72.21 debit for nothing. Stay away!!!

Ken
Jm
  18th of Dec, 2008
well. the plot thickens...I got the exact same charges but I NEVER gave anybody a credit card number, nor did I sign up for any kind of kit...introductory or other.
My husband is on the phone with Visa right now and all he said was that he had 2 unauthorized charges and the CS rep. said 'let me guess, googletree3, right?'.
Call your credit/debit card company...they should refund the money to you and they will go after these creeps for fraud.
Good luck.
Judi
Clearwater, FL
In
  29th of Dec, 2008
I signed up for a trial kit $3.88. The kit takes 10 days to recieve in the mail. You have seven days to review and cancel. However, the seven days starts as soon as you sign-up not seven days after recieving the kit. Apparently I was to recieve an email telling me how to access the website, I never received it. I was charged $72.21!!! This charge is non-refundable. No amount of complaining will get your money back. Basically...they screw you.
Ab
  30th of Dec, 2008
never received product, charger multiple times, impossible to contact them. what a joke they are.
Sc
  2nd of Jan, 2009
Fraud unauthorized debit. I was charged $72.21 out of nowhere. I found out that I was not the only one nation wide. I tried calling them several times but said it was non refundable. Basically they screw you up.

If you also had this problem please call me: (650)369-7151
Ja
  5th of Jan, 2009
identical complaint and same amount $72.20 instead of $3.88 505 217 1954
  6th of Jan, 2009
You are certainly not alone in this dupe. I am a retired woman on a fixed income. This cheating spam is the most expensive $3.95 s&h ($72.21 for a membership I didn't even know I had signed up for). Beware, all you innocents out there who think the name Google means trustworthy. It DOES NOT.
Pa
  8th of Jan, 2009
Today I woke up and had had enough. I started calling google tree, I MEAN I STARTED CALLING! If they said something I didn't like I'd hang-up and call again. For about 4 hours I called and called (I'm disabled so I just sit here anyway) I didn't Stop. They started getting $issed. Finally the owner called me and threatened me with a law suit. After chewing him out I asked if liked stealing money from people, he told me "YES if we were stupid enough to answer his add then we needed to lose our money" My advice is to CALL AND KEEP CALLING. Every minute during hours hang-up and call again don'tr stop don't slow down do all day start a movement if you will just keep Calling. Drive these ### out of business. Find a web site to meet and just go postal on these #astards!
Me
  10th of Jan, 2009
Dejavu! I can not believe this. Today I was checking my account and saw two transactions for the same amount as you listed above. I asked my husband if he had purchased anything on Google tree and he said no. I haven't either. We've been VERY careful with how much we spend because I haven't received my paycheck yet. I called my bank and reported the two transactions. They said that they hadn't heard of Google tree (neither had my husband or me) so I went online to research. Then I found this-- the posting from your own experience. THANK YOU SO MUCH! My bank is disputing the claims and I will be getting my money back in the end. HOW FRUSTRATING! Good luck with your case! takagime@plu.edu

Mary
Me
  12th of Jan, 2009
This happened to me too. I was totally unaware of this charge of 72.21 and it was certainly not authorized.

Mad in Washington
Da
  14th of Jan, 2009
actuay got an e- mail, W/ a# . try this name google money. Pass 3J34L987. those ###er's
Gi
  26th of Jan, 2009
Becarefull with GOOGLE TREE, be aware if you won't lose your money! it happen to me they took my money without permission!
Te
  27th of Jan, 2009
My checking account (debit charge) was charged in Dec. 2008 & Jan. 2009 $72.21 . I did receive the CD for $3.99. I haven't even had the time to view it. I plan on going to the bank and stopping any other charges to Google Tree. I did not authorize them to take the $72.21 from my account, I would like for them to put the money back into my account.
Bo
  30th of Jan, 2009
I never even heard of google tree until a charge of $3.88 appearedon my credit card statement. I called the number to discuss the charge and was asked what my credit card # is so they could do a "reverse search" to find what the charges were for. But the man on the phone would not tell me what company he worked for or where the charges originated. He threatened me with an "investiagation" and hanging up on me if I continued to refuse to give him my number. I told him that I would save him the trouble. I promptly hung up the phone, called my credit card company and reported this fraudulent charge. My cc company is disputing the charges. I don't understand where this came from???
Ly
  4th of Feb, 2009
They charged me and havnt gotten package. would like to cancel membership
Ly
  4th of Feb, 2009
amen to that! sorry ! If you get any help with it let me know!
Ma
  6th of Feb, 2009
I too was deceived into thinking this was a good way to earn extra $$. I received my CD on day 6 and because I have a job, was unable to even look at it before receiving the notice saying my account had been "attacked" by these bandits.

These people are guilty of B&E into accounts of innocent and hard working people. What can we do?!!!
Co
  7th of Feb, 2009
Can anyone help us???There are so many of us who have been ripped off by this scam. Yes, i ordered the cd. and never recieved it or any email. then was charged 72.21 from my checking account. I am a single mom, and all i can do is cry. what can i do? i guess i will go to my bank and fill out a fraudelent charge paper. but will i get my money back. Help!! colegait@comcast.net
Do
  8th of Feb, 2009
wow I'm NOT the only one, , just imagine all the people they have ripped off, I'll be calling the bank tomorrow to see what I can do about it, I also bought a free grant program for 1.99 and they got me the same way, and told me the same thing, that I had recieved an email explaining the deduction and I never got the email..
Cy
  9th of Feb, 2009
I too am going through the same thing. I just called google tree and they claimed they had a right to charge me. I called my credit card company and filed a fraud charges with them. They said they are filing against google tree for me. The exact same thing. Google tree is fraud.

Google Logo Google