Google Success Kit / fraud

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

Don't get ripped off by the Google Success Kit Scam. The site states that it will only cost $1. You put your credit card details in and you receive nothing. Over the next couple of months the Google Scam will rip you off at least $30 US at a time. They will also include other charges such as 'fraud protection'. I found out the hard way when my wife ordered the $1 success kit !
If you have fallen victim to this scam contact your credit card provider as a matter of urgency and CANCEL YOUR CARD ! Also report this matter to your bank and report it to the Police as the bank will require a report number to say you have reported the fraud !

Comments

• Ro
      5th of Dec, 2008

Paid $1.60AUD for the kit have not received it, have had charges of $27.91AUD unauthorized taken from my account, this matter needs to be addressed by you and I demand a full refund of all monies immediately. I wouldn' want to be connected to your product even if it made me a millionaire. I am in contact with my bank and will take all necessary steps I can to retreive the unauthorized charges to my account. SCAMMERS

• Pi
      17th of Jan, 2009

I got scammed into that stupid success kit was originally charged $1.23 to my visa and then 3 days ago was charged $38.26.. I have tried calling 1-866-341-0767 but i get the message about there business hours and then it hangs up.. I am calling within their ###ing business hours but cannot get threw!! I have called the fraud and customer service and been told to get in touch with them!! I have also called and cancelled my credit card so no further charges are made but i have to wait until the end of February without receiving anything before they can count it as being Fraud!!! It's a bunch of ###ing ### if you ask me but i will be getting my money back no matter what it takes!!

21st of Jan, 2009

The same has happened to me, initial authorised deduciton of $1.46 AUD now a further $46.43 AUD UNAUTHORISED charge on my card.
    I haven't received anything either, and would like a full refund.

• Er
      23rd of Jan, 2009

The best thing you can do is call your credit card company and see if they can dispute it for you.

• De
      27th of Jan, 2009

They charged my account 29.95 and did not have authorization to do so. Now I'm trying to get my money back.

• Na
      12th of Feb, 2009

I agree with you on this matter. I to have had the same charges on my credit card. I did call the 1-866-341-0767 number and was told that they had sent me an e-mail saying they were out of stock. Never received.Go figure...I also contacted my credit card company an I am sending in a dispute on the charges. They also could not give me a date that the e-mail was sent. The only amount I authorized was the $1.00. Good luck.
    Nancey

• Fe
      25th of Feb, 2009

I ORDERED THE TRIAL VERSION OF GOOGLE SUCCESS KIT FOR $1.95. I AUTHORIZED NO OTHER CHARGES. THUS FAR, I HAVE BEEN CHARGED 29.95, 4.95, 4.95, 4.95 ETC I NEED TO KNOW WHO TO CONTACT TO PRESS FORMAL CHARGES WITH THE PROPER AUTHORITIES

21st of Mar, 2009

Hi Subscribed to Google Success Kit sometime ago, I accepted a charge of around $2.00 to my credit card,
    I was supposed to received a kit that never arrived. Given the small amount involved I did not chase the matter.
    I have just noticed that an amount of £22.50 has been collected from my Credit Card regularely.
    These payements were not autorized. Today is saturday and the office of my credit cards are closed. on monday I will contact them in order to find out the exact amount that has been collected and that has to be refunded on my account immediately. I will also contact the competent authority and specialst media programs that deal with fraud matters. I am very disappointed in Google. I am sure that they are aware of what is happening, also because I have read many other people's complaints; and if they are aware of it and are not advising their clients, then this beheviour makes it even worse.
    A very disappointed Google Subscriber.

• Pa
      24th of Mar, 2009

You go on their web-site or call 1-8888-5410915 and you can cancel via phone.
    I just did it successfully; they were quite polite, just asked for full name & address.
    Don't forget to ask for the cancellation of their fraud protection service as well

• Fr
      25th of Mar, 2009

GOOGLE SUCCESS KIT -- Total scam. The parent company, if there is one, is "Miscellaneous Food Products, " as I found out when I called my credit card to cancel the transactions for, ironically, fraud and ID theft.

Here are the numbers to call if you've been dinged for "ID Security" and "Fraud Protection" on your credit card, subsequent to subscribing to the useless Google Success Kit -- which never arrived for me, btw.

Google Success Kit: 1-888-541-0915

This connects you to their cancellation service. You'll have to endure about 2 minutes of canned hype before you speak to a rep. Don't bother hitting zero as it just starts the tape over again. Be SURE to call this one, as I'm sure you'd get dinged a year from now for new subscription fees for a non-service.

Fraud Protection: 1-866-387-2521

ID Security: 1-866-351-8557

Same deal. Suffer through the spiel, talk to a human being, forget a refund, but at least get future charges cancelled.

This is a scam with a shelf life, obviously. They'll keep going until enough people catch on. But the lowlife behind it, of "Miscellaneous Food Products" will keep finding new ways to defraud folks.

They will tell you that when you signed on everything was spelled out clearly. Just keep your cool, let them know it's a scam, and cut your losses.

• Ti
      26th of Mar, 2009

I ordered the success kit and was first charged $1.00. Since they have taken 9.95, 4.95 and 29.95 from my account. I am going to contact the bank tomorrow and ask them to not authorize any transactions from google. This is a total scam and its ridiculous that it is being found on websites. I want my money back!!!

• Be
      30th of Mar, 2009

I got the same line about the 'out of stock' email...and then disputed with them about being charged for no product...there was alot of argument about how they have no verification of whether I have it- I told her as soon as i opened it they could've had that 'confirmation'- I had it cancelled-they are only too happy to do that but of course no refund yet...I advised my credit card company of this going on and cancelled the card number they had on file...

• Fe
      1st of Apr, 2009

Jan. o9--gave permission for $1.95 for s&h.. got nothing. Alerted by card company--lunch for everyone for a week---Get this!!! $8.95 bi-wkly for fraud protection!!! I'm unemployed with NO benefits, resourses, and dying from C.O.P.D. with NO insurance...yes..I AM suffering. I want my &%#%&& money back.

Seems to me the "GOOGLE" would go after these ###s on our (the scammed that believed in the Google name in the first place) behalf to help protect "their" reputation.

DOES ANYONE REALLY GIVE A SHIIIIIIIT?????????

1st of Apr, 2009

A lot of people have been caught by this scam, see:

• Wi
      2nd of Apr, 2009

wow this thing is such a huge scam. im on the phone with one of there operators right now. got my charges canceled but they refuse to refund my money. they tried telling me there is no product its all done online. but yet they have told other people they were out of stock. how can they be out of stock of something if its all online. or if its all online, why the hell do they try and charge you shipping and handling fees. ###ing pissing me off. i even told them i will get lawyers involved and they still won't budge

• Bo
      20th of Apr, 2009

On 3 Mar 2009 I signed up for a one of payment of $1 american dollar since then the company has stolen a total of $80.89,
    I have just made complaint to the Complaint Referral Form, Internet Crime Complaint Center, but when I rang to talk to my own bank I was pretty much told that they didn’t want to know and nothing they can do about it

Here are the numbers I got though on if its going to help stop other people from being scammed

Google Success Kit subscription 001 888 541 0915

Fraud Protection 001 866 387 2521

Identity Security 001 866 351 8557

i was told that my subcriptions would be cancelled - all 3 of them gave me a cancelation number
    The phone lines all had recorded messages saying that as part of the Terms and conditions of the agreement we signed up for that all previously charged fees were non-refundable

From new Zealand 01681 instead off 001

Thank you to the person who put numbers up they really helped me

Fingers crossed they do cancel now since they stealing money for jam

• Na
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Hi
    I am absolutely disgusted with this so called company, Like others i WAS TOLD IT WOULD COST $1b but other regular amounts have been taken under name fraud success.
    I demand a refund this is outrageous, I halso received absolutely nothing from the company.
    Nathalie Elwood

• Du
      11th of May, 2009

The same things hasppened to me but for 3 different smaller amounts & didnt know what it was until I visited this site. What I do know is that it isnt the real Google. Ive already reported it and something has to be done & fast.

• Le
      27th of Jun, 2009

i paid the initial $1, 00 (£2.12) for the shipping and handling of the kit and never recieved the kit and then on the 13th june 2009 $69, 90 was taken from my account without my permission! i am a single parent with 2 very young children and this money is very important and nessacary to me! I would like to no how to reclaim my money back! I will be taking this matter further if it is not resolved as quickly as possible...this site is nothing but a scam...

27th of Jun, 2009

There are a lot of websites in County Durham, England connected with this scam, you should contact local police to report this as a fraud.

For more information see this website:

Also contact your bank /credit card comapny to o achargeback on unauthorised charges - report the fraudulent charges to them asap and to the police also.