Google Profit Club / taking money

Donna Barrett
I have recently went on facebook and joint the mystery shopper site, which has taken money out of my bank for a free kit, they took £2.48 + £1 overseas handling charge which i was fully aware of. Waited to receive the email i was told i would with all the details i needed but got nothing. Today a further charge of £46.56 + £1 has gone out of my account which i was not aware of and was never told about. I now cannot contact the company with the means of cancelling the account by phone or any other means. I do not appreceiate the company taking money out of my account that i am not aware they would be doing.

A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
A similar thing has happened to me. On 20 July, Google Profit Club took £2.49 ($3.95) out of my account, then on 25 July, took £46.89 ($74.93). I've been ill since 25 July so am only now catching up on correspondence, etc. I received nothing in the post. I feel such a fool.
Now I have to try and contact the bank to make sure nothing else is taken out.
Emily Lea
N  12th of Aug, 2009 by
This is an email address for the GOOGLE PROFIT CLUB gooru@googleprofitclub.com You can try a cancellation email and show it to your bank as proof of cancellation.
A  12th of Aug, 2009 by
try this email address gooru@googleprofitclub.com you can at least try to cancel and show your email to your bank to prove that you have done so
A  15th of Aug, 2009 by
Same happened to me and I asked bank for refund. They said phone debit card company. I phoned them 3 times and they fobbed me off. I have now just written to comsumer direct to ask them what I can do.
A  17th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This has also happened to me today when I looked at my bank statement. I managed to find the page and underneath our card details was a TICKED box which we did NOT tick. It reads: I HAVE READ, FULLY UNERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE GPC TERMS OF SERVICE. I ALSO AGREE TO ENROLL IN THE MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM FOR $74.93 (AS CONFIRMED IN THE TERMS).

So they are going to take this £46 each month!!! All we wanted was to pay the $3.95 to download an article!!!

Tel no to call them is: 001 772 205 3384. They open 9am which is 5pm UK time.

I have been given an advice number in the UK if I get no where which is: 0870 770 8175 for Cit Advice Bureau.

Thanks for the email which I will use right away.

I spoke to someone today who said the Google profit club is a BIG SCAM and target chidren from the age of 13.

Good luck everyone! I am still in shock myself as I am not working due to a disability. £46 is two thirds of what I have to live on.

Google Logo Google