Google Money Masters / harassing phone calls

United States, California Review updated:
google money masters
Phone: 213 430 4298
I was sent an email from this company and it looked interesting so I clicked for more information.<br />
I did not enter any personal info like my name-addressess or phone numbers. For the past month I have been getting phone calls from them on my cell phone. It starts as a recording and if you hold on long enough a person will eventually come on the line. I have asked them each time to remove my phone number from their data base. They say they will and yet I keep getting the annoying calls.<br />
I have already reported them to the "Do Not Call Registry.

A  31st of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
another name they go by is moneysearchtoday.com, at least that's who billed me the $73.83 usd.

one of the many scam outfits google revolution shared my visa info with was social tool kit, who outright refuses to refund my money. after writing a lengthy explanation to my visa provider, they finally agreed to initiate a charge back. apparently the process takes several weeks to complete.

interestingly, if you look at the privacy policies of google revolution and moneyseachtoday, they are exactly identical. and i'm sure there are several other online companies with the exact same policy.

their privacy policy clearly states the following:

Protecting personally identifiable information about our partners and clients is an essential cornerstone of our business. We share and disclose such information only as described below. 1) when we need to share your information with third parties, such as banks and credit card processors, to provide the product or service you have requested; 2) it is appropriate to comply with law; 3) it is necessary to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of our Terms of Service and/or other applicable agreements; or 4) it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, or others, which may include the exchange of information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction. In the event that our company is acquired, customer account information may be one of the transferred assets.

moreover, moneysearchtoday's terms and conditions state this:

Certain products or Services may be offered for sale on the Sites. In the event you wish to purchase or to subscribe for any of these products or Services, you will be asked by Money Search Today to supply certain information, including without limitation, your full name, address, telephone number and credit card information. You agree to provide Money Search Today with the foregoing information as well as any other mandatory information that is accurate, complete and current, and to comply with the terms and conditions of any agreement that you may enter into governing your purchases. You shall be responsible for all charges incurred through your account as well as for paying any applicable taxes.
If you open a subscription account on any of the Sites, you hereby agree to pay all charges to your account, including any applicable taxes, in accordance with billing terms in effect at the time the fee or charge becomes payable. Money Search Today reserves the right to change the amount of, or basis for determining, any fees or charges, and to institute new fees, charges or terms effective upon notice to Members.

obviously, one does not have to open any other subscriptions; these ###ers gladly do it for you, without your consent or knowledge.

googlerevolution's terms and conditions fail to even address any future purchases/subscriptions, however they willing breach their own privacy policy by passing on your banking information to these other scam artists.

btw, i, too have received many phone calls, some late into the evening, even though i requested my # be removed from their calling list. how does one report this to the no call registry, when their # comes up blocked???
A  25th of Aug, 2009 by
In the first paragraph of "Terms of Service" it states: 3)it is necessary to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of our Terms of Service and/or other applicable agreements". Those 'other applicable agreements' is exactly where they get you.
They do not list the 'other applicable agreements' therefore you are basically at their mercy. They can charge you whatever they feel is appropriate for any service (or no service) they may provide.
Unfortunately, you did not call them BEFORE you entered your credit card info. If you had you could have requested a copy of the Terms of Service in writing. Sometimes scammers won't send that information to you because you can identify the fraud.
However, there should be a way to get your # off of their calling list. Try calling the Better Business Bureau in your area and ask for the 800# No Call List to add your number. If you are called by these people after your number is added you can threaten them with legal action if they continue to call.

Google Logo Google