Google Chest / unauthorized charges to my account

1 MD, United States Review updated:

I have a problem, tplease help!

Things are hard enough to have companies like this taking peoples money. This google chest company is withdrawing money from my account and I don't know who they are, and have not given consent to this!!! They have taken money x 2 of $72.21 without my permission.
I don't even know what these charges are for!! I am desperate, I have no extra money, my funds are very limitted every month!!

How do I get my money back, how can they get away with this?
This cause a huge problem; I had deposited money into my account to pay my rent and this charges were posted to my account prior to my rent check without my permission. Why will the bank pay this without question?

Je

Comments

18th of May, 2009

• Cg
      20th of May, 2009

YES! I just got an unauthorized amount in my checking. called 1-888-256-1248. I just called them and she said she is reimbursing the $1.97 that I knew I was going to be charged. The operator said it was in the terms and conditions, but I sure did not see anything that said I would be charged $72.21 for! She gave me the address to contact to get a remimbursement of the $72.21
    Accounting Dept for Google Treasure Chest
    970 W. Broadway Ste. E-347
    Jackson City, Wyoming 83001 I hope this HELPS SOMEBODY!

• Sh
      20th of May, 2009

The same thing happened to me but I caught it early enough and my bank did't pay the draft. What was it for anyway? I never ordered anything or authorized any payments.

20th of May, 2009

It was for a big scam - you had a lucky escape dude.

• Sh
      20th of May, 2009

I just did some research. They have ads all over the web about making money using google. The offer is to send them $1.97 and they will send you free information and that is to cover postage. They send you the free information which is to start your own online business and the charge of $72.21 is a monthly charge for the website they set up for you. The only problem is they don't set the site up until your ready but they start charging you the monthly fee about a month after you get the free information. It is a scam and they can get away with it so call them at 1-888-256-1248 right away and cancel the "MEMBERSHIP" and insist on getting a full refund of your money less the $1.97 of course. You will probably be looking at 7 - 10 working days before you see the refund. If they refuse a refund, talk to a lawyer right away. If they can not produce a working web site for you, then they can have fraudulent charges brought up on them. Once your lawyer tell them who they are, they will give you a refund. It's a scam and legal in a lot of ways (gray areas).

20th of May, 2009

And illegal in some other ways (allegedly) as they are being taken to court by the Texas Attorney General

See: http://strangelyperfect.tv/3099/google-treasure-chest-its-a-scam-and-a-half/

and http://www.ivetriedthat.com/2009/05/05/google-treasure-chest-google-money-tree-jail/