Google / advertisement

Santa Clarita, CA, United States

Santa Clarita December 07, 2016

To whom it may concern,

My name is Michel Laurin and I am the owner of Santa Clarita Karate. We have been in business in the Santa Clarita Valley for over 22 years. I have had exclusive use of “Santa Clarita Karate in Los Angeles County for over 22 years. I have maintained for this same time period, to and including the present, in accordance with California Business & Professions Code §14411, a Fictitious Business Name Statement for “Santa Clarita Karate” in Los Angeles County.

Recently, we came across a Google ad for “Shin’s Family Martial Arts Center” who is wrongfully using our business name “Santa Clarita Karate.”

Here is a copy of the ad:
Santa Clarita Karate - Teaching Discipline for 30+ Years.
Ad · www.shinsblackbelt.com
Teaching Discipline for 30+ Years. See Our State of the Art Facility.
Serving the Santa Clarita Valley since 2000.
Martial Arts Training | Valencia Martial Arts Center
27935 Smyth Drive, Valencia · Directions
You have visited shinsblackbelt.com 2 times in last 30 days.
o See Current Specials
o Facility Tour Gallery
o Why Choose Shin's?
o About Us
o Verifiable Testimonies
o After School Programs

Shin’s Family Martial Arts Center is currently engaging in conduct in connection with marketing and advertising that in fact creates confusion in the marketplace and directly infringes on my exclusive rights to “Santa Clarita Karate” in the County of Los Angeles, State of California.

Since Shin’s Family Martial Arts Center is in fact infringing on my exclusive use rights of the name “Santa Clarita Karate, ” I respectfully request that Google remove my exclusive business name “Santa Clarita Karate” from the “Shin’s Family Martial Arts Center” ad.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any additional information and/or have any questions.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation in this regard.

Sincerely yours,