Goodyear Tracker 2 Tires / Defective Tire Produce

I bought 4 of these tires at our local WalMart in May of 08 and took them back in June of 08 and was told it was just the tire. I now am told that they are out of round. Good Year will do nothing about them. Wal Mart of course wants me to let them pro rate them and sell me new tires. I have contacted WalMart headquarters and complained and as of yet gotten no satisfaction. These tires have been balanced and rotated as they should have been. and I have complained all times of the vibration. I will never buy tires from WalMart again let alone Good Year tires.

Bc

Comments

• Al
      19th of Aug, 2008

18 Aug 08 - traveling I-15 South in Utach - brand new Tracker 2 rear tire blew @ 75 MPH

2nd of Aug, 2010

I agree. My wife ([censor]ic idea) went out to buy new tires and came home with these. They have been loud, loud, loud, great in the snow, but loud. They are tractor tires, not vehicle tires. Now at 40k highway miles, there is a major leak in 1 tire. Feeling the leak with my fingers, there is a soft spot 5 inches long at the edge of the tread, and it's clear that it's a manufacturing defect. Just pressing on the leak, and going up and down the tire, you can tell there is a lack of rubber in that 5 inch long spot. I am just glad it didn't blow out on the highway as my wife drives with our 2 babies regularly. Screw saving a few bucks, when your life is on the line. Goodbye Wal-mart.

• Bi
      11th of Aug, 2010

It isn't Wal-marts fault that Goodyear is making dangerous tires. Don't get me wrong I think Wal-mart sucks, period, but put the blame where it belongs. I have had 2 tires where the sidewalls have seperated from the tire. One on the rear and one on the front. The tread left on the tire was more than half. This clearly shows that the manufacturing of this tire is not producing a safe product.
    If this tire is purchased, I would definitly purchase the additional protection with the knowledge that this tire is very possible to cause a serious to deadly accident.

• Kc
      17th of Aug, 2010

Walmart replaced my Tracker2`s, no charge for the tires with Uniroyal tires. I noticed they had Tracker2`s on the tire rack, my size. I`am guessing they will not replace for free unless the tires show signs of defect. That way they can return to Goodyear and get a credit. They know their`s something wrong, but not all of them . They did not replace the rear tires on my vehicle which are Tracker 2`s.

• Ga
      27th of Aug, 2012

about 1 year and 5 months i bought 4 tracker 2 tires from walmart. yesterday i found out that one of the tires was about to exploded from the inside. i took it to walmart and they said that they couldn't do nothing. that the only thing that they could do is do the adjustment's on the tires and get the new tires, but something wear that i cant not understand is that its not only one tire that is almost to the point that will explode its 3 of them for me its seems to be a tire defect. But walmart cant do nothing the only thing they can do is charge more money and get another pair of tires for almost the same amount that i paid when i purchased the 4 tires. plus we pay insurance for what, I would never Shop for Tires at walmart even-though you buy the insurance and its not worth it.

• Pi
      28th of Aug, 2012

I purchased a set of these for my pick up 11 months ago (9000 miles) and they have all but one blown out. I saved the last one to use as a spare and have replaced the others with some Dunlops. Walmart was not very helpful.I would say they are the worst tires I have ever bought and I truly think they were defective or else walmart is knowingly selling a tire they know is not safe.

• Ka
      9th of Oct, 2012

FYI Goodyear Tracker 2's are a Walmart only brand and are not produced or supported by Goodyear itself. All of Walmarts tires are specially "designed" for Walmart and produced how they (Walmart) wants not Goodyear... I have Goodyear tires (Assurance Fuel Max) bought at Goodyear and have no problems with them.

• D5
      17th of Dec, 2013

I bought 4 trackers from a local Goodyear dealer, and im scared that i made a bad purchase. I really dont want to go through another tire blowout on the interstate. Luckly i consider myself a good driver - have been through evoc law enforcement training for driving emergency vehicles.
    The tire looks good. It is an aggressive all season tread. However all the defects im reading about i think im going back to trade up. I have had them on for five days i dont know what the dealer policy is, i guess i will find out tomorrow. !:((

• Pe
      20th of Aug, 2014

We purchased a used F-250 5 months ago. All tires looked to be in good condition. This past weekend we were driving 70 mph on the interstate with rush hour traffic and pulling an empty 20' flat bed trailer, in the center lane when the front driver side tire blew out! We drifted into the left lane and thank God the driver in that lane was aware and moved over. My husband was driving and said it was very difficult for him to maintain control of the vehicle. If I had been driving, we would have flipped and caused major accidents! We got to the side of the road, but then still had to change the tire in heavy traffic conditions. Very scary and we thanked God for being with us or we would not be here today! Looking into purchasing all new tires today.

• Di
      6th of Oct, 2014

i have owned 2 sets of goodyear tracker 2 tires. the first set i had no problems with. the
    second set were out of round. the boys at walmart tried to tell me my rim was out of round, one even told me it may be my shocks, and another told me my rearend differential was loose. basicly just a run around from a company not standing behing a product. i spent about $400.00 trying to eliminate a vibration and pulling problem. finally i got fed up and basicly threatened goodyear headquarters that i would go public with the situation. in the end headquarters put a different set of goodyear wrangler tires on for $200.00 . the vibration and pull are gone. don't let them lie to you.

• Ju
      11th of Jan, 2015

I purchased 4 Goodyear Tracker 2 tires from Walmart in June 2013 and took my vehicle to a different repair shop for a CV issue and was told one of the tires was "out of round" and the treads were separating. The repair shop said they couldn't guarantee I would make it to Walmart for them to replace the tires and there was a possibility of a blow out. I kept the tires, thinking that I should get some type of credit as they didn't even have 10, 000 miles on them yet. Boy, was I surprised when Walmart told me that they couldn't do anything because the tires were not on the rims and that since another shop touched the tires, they were not going to do anything. They believe I should have taken the chance of a blow out and a day off of work (they do not take cars or offer service after 5:45) to bring my vehicle there for them to look at the tires. Well, there goes over $400 and the road hazard coverage.
    Too bad, so sad for me. When I said I wasn't going to shop there anymore, they said they were sorry I felt that way but there was nothing that they could do for me.

• Sh
      17th of Feb, 2015

I bought 4 Tracker 2 tires and was guaranteed 50k miles of tread. At 25, 000 miles the tread has already worn down and can't pass the "penny test". I went to Wal-Mart, which is where I purchased these tires, and they were just about to honor the warranty then decided last minute that due to my car having not been balanced/aligned, that the tread is wearing away is my fault and they cannot honor the warranty. Even though the tread was worn out evenly on all tires, they still declined to replace, give me a discount on any other tires or even fix repair the 2 small nails in the tire.
    I will have to write a formal complaint and send in Goodyear's required complaint form with my receipt to see if they will honor their tire warranty. In the future, I will NEVER EVER purchase Goodyear tires again, unless they honor their warranty.

• Ro
      7th of Nov, 2015

Wendy‎ to Walmart
    November 18, 2013 ·
    I bought a car with GOODYEAR TRACKER 2 tires on it, and one of them needed replacing. In the process of a lot of phone calls, I found out that these tires, made exclusively for Walmart, were recalled for the possibility of “Exploding from the inside”, and have killed people, who they say it isn’t the fault of the tire, although they quietly recalled them, and didn’t explain why to their associates in the tire centers. Apparently neither WALMART nor GOODYEAR really wants you to know this, as both are refusing to replace these if you have purchased them. I called Goodyear, who will only tell me this tire has been ‘replaced by the Wrangler Authority’, referring to Walmart, who doesn’t ‘know’ anything about this being a safety issue. I will just buy new tires, but if you run these, be aware this is a serious hazard!!
    Like Comment Share
    You like this.
    Comments
    Walmart
    Walmart Hi Wendy - We appreciate you sharing your concerns about our Goodyear Tires with us. You can let us know more at http://bit.ly/Y3ZqzK so that we can work to help you.
    November 18, 2013 at 11:56am ·
    Roger - We too just had the same experience with less than 25% treadwear. 6 Nov 2015. These tires were purchased in April 2014 and are mounted on our Toyota Rav 4, a lightweight suv. We were told yesterday Walmart discontinued the tires almost the minute after we bought this set of 5. No one mentioned the safety hazards related to these tires at that time and we assumed it was a mere manufacturers defect. The repair we had completed was a simple nail in the tire tread repair that was completed easily. That is when the large splitting bulge was noticed on the side of the tire. We had to drive 60 miles to a Walmart that still carried the tires, which now, knowing this information, I find unexplainable. We live in the country and must traverse mountain roads and long trips to town and to visit family. A blowout at freeway speeds could prove deadly and is now a major worry for our safety. We maintain our vehicles and always use high quality replacement parts serviced by qualified repair shops. That being said this is of MAJOR concern to us. I do NOT feel safe riding on tires Walmart knows are defective! I will be contacting the link Walmart has provided above for remedy. Hopefully they will correct the situation and keep a long time customer. Or, I have my lawyers number on speed-dial. Let's hope for the first option. Thanks Wendy for alerting us to this danger and neglect by Walmart to notify it's customers, they have our addresses and phone numbers! addendum: the link is broken or no longer available. I will have to contact Walmart corporate offices directly.

• Tr
      5th of Jun, 2018

Same problem. Bought them at Walmart and they refused to take them back. Dot#Pjt6n4hr2212 p265/70r17 goodyear tracker 2.