Having problems with Goodyear?

1800 809 625 (Australia)
1300 888 973 (Malaysia)
800 333 4663 9327 (Argentina)
1800 112 4663 (Mexico)
+1 800 321 2136 (United States)
+1 330 796 2121 (Head Office)
+44 121 378 7000 (United Kingdom)
+43 161 404 (Austria)
+32 38 203 211 (Belgium)
+353 16 238 500 (Ireland)
+39 257 521 (Italy)
+31 800 429 9000 (Netherlands)
+351 210 349 000 (Portugal)
+40 212 091 700 (Romania)
+46 84 662 000 (Sweden & Nordic Countries)
+41 449 478 600 (Switzerland)
+63 28 884 737 (Philippines)
+65 68 384 795 (Singapore)
+27 419 946 911 (South Africa)
+82 27 937 500 (South Korea)
+66 23 058 585 (Thailand)
200 Innovation Way
Akron, Ohio
United States - 44316-0001
Canada
450 Kipling Ave., Toronto, ON M8Z 5E1

United Kingdom
2920 Trident Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, Birmingham, B37 7YN

Austria

8 rue Lionel Terray, 92500, Rueil-Malmaison

Ireland
Unit 20 Fonthill Industrial Park Clondalkin, Dublin 22, Dublin

Italy
Milanofiori, Strada 4, Palazzo A10 - 20090 Assago (MI)

Netherlands
Regus Vianen Businesspark, Lange Dreef 11, 4131 NJ Vianen, Nederland
Nordic Countries HQ (Sweden)
Rosenlundsgatan 50, Box 38181, SE-100 64 Stockholm

Poland
ul. 17 Stycznia 48, 02-146 Warszawa

Portugal
Edífício Mar Vermelho, Av. da Republica № 50, 2º andar, 1050-196 Lisboa

Romania
Bucharest Business Park, Sos. București – Ploiești, nr. 1A, Clădirea C, Parter, Sector 1, 013681 București

Russia
Leningradskoye Shosse, 16А, stroeniye 3, 9 etazh, 125171, Moscow, Russia

Spain
Parque Empresarial Las Mercedes Campezo, 1, Edif.6 - 4º. Plta, 28022, Madrid

Switzerland
Industriestrasse 28, CH-8604, Volketswil

Turkey
Maslak Mahallesi, Sümer Sokak, MOB Binası, No:4 Kat 10-11, Maslak / Sarıyer, Turkey

India
  • 1st Floor, ABW Elegance Tower; Jasola; New Delhi – 110025
  • Mathura Road, Ballabgarh; Distt, Faridabad – 121004; Haryana
  • H-18, MIDC Industrial Area; Waluj, Aurangabad – 431136; Maharashtra
Malaysia
Lot 51, Persiaran Selangor, Seksyen 15, 40200 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan

Philippines
15th Floor Picadilly Star Building, 4th Avenue cor. 27th St., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig Philippines 1634

Singapore
9 Changi South Street 3 Singapore 486361

South Africa
Algoa Road, Uitenhage, 6229
UAE
Dubai Silicon Oasis, A-Wing, 4th Floor, P.O. Box 33528, Dubai, UAE

Complaints & Reviews

credit card scam!

I took my car into Goodyear for repairs. They told me that if I sign up for a Goodyear credit card I would not have to pay the bill for 6 months. Well, I got the first bill and since it said the balance wasn't due until 6 months later I just put it aside. Next thing I know, I got a letter saying I was past due for the initial $14 minimum payment and that I was also being charged an additional $29 late fee.

I called to complain and they said they'd waive the late fee if I paid via check over the phone. But they said that would cost an additional $14.95. When I mentioned predatory lending practices they agreed to waive that fee also. I paid it up to date at that point and will keep paying the minimum due until it's over with. At that time I will promptly terminate the card.

But today, I got a letter in the mail that said they had already reported the missed payment and that could effect my credit rating. If it does, I will make it as painful for them as it is for me.

Avoid scams like this. Do not sign up for a Goodyear credit card.

• Ka
    Karen Brown Aug 20, 2008

Your local Store needs to know their program!! It's 6 months no interest with a minimum payment required ON TIME every month, pay in full by end of the time period, they do also have 90 days same as cash( no payment required- just pay in full by end of the 90 days.

• Re
    RedMiata Feb 02, 2009

They did something simular to me. And after having the "No interest for one Year" card for 4 months, they starting charging interest!

• Re
    RedMiata Feb 02, 2009

Karen Brown works for Goodyear Credit as a PR hack

andrew james Dec 16, 2010

KAREN BROWN IS CORRECT... 6 MONTHS WITH NO INTEREST IS THE PROGRAM... EVIDENTLY THE CUSTOMER MISUNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS SAID... I'VE BEEN A LOYAL CREDIT CUSTOMER FOR YEARS AND HAVE NEVER JUST "TOSSED" MY BILL ASIDE WITHOUT EXAMINING THE DETAILS OF IT... THE BILL STATES PLAIN AS DAY "6 MONTHS, NO INTEREST" IGNORANCE ISN'T AN EXCUSE IN THIS INSTANCE... SO, SO SORRY!!! ;)

ANDREW JAMES

• Lo
    Lowelowel Jun 26, 2013

Once it came time to purchase my tires with the Goodyear credit card, so that I could receive the Goodyear Rebate, I found out that the card could only be used at Goodyear affiliated stores. I was told by the Goodyear Customer service reps (I talked to two different ones prior to my tire purchase just to make sure) that so long as the card was used to buy Goodyear tires that all I needed was the receipt with the tire model and my name to get my rebate. Turns out the card could not be ran by my repair shop because they are not a Goodyear dealer. The rep that I spoke with while standing at the pay counter of my repair shop trying to get my card to work suggested that I have them remove the tires and buy them at one of their approved dealers. Not only was I told that the card would work for any business that sold Goodyears, I was also lead to believe that it could be used to purchase everyday items. That is not the case. Shame on me for not sending the fine print to a lawyer for examination, Shame on them for lying to and preying on their loyal customer’s naivety (ex-loyal customer that is)!

road noise

We bought a complete set of Goodyear Assurance Comfortred tires from a Goodyear Service Center. We began...

terrible tread wear

I've been a longtime Goodyear customer and went with the Goodyear Assurance tires paying nearly $500...

lost a customer for life!

A few years ago I took my car into the Goodyear service station in the Canyon Park area of Bothell, WA. I had made an appt. to have a full tune-up done, and in addition, replace all 4 tires.

I dropped it off and walked home (about a mile) because they said the job would take them several hours due to it being a busy day. About 1/2 an hour after I got home, the front desk person called me and she said that the tires my car needed weren't in stock. I felt like they should have had them there since I'd made an appointment and all, but what can you do? So I asked her how long it would take to get the tires in. She said 3 to 4 days.

Of course, I would rather not wait so I asked her if there was anything else we could do...maybe have them transferred today from another nearby Goodyear. She said they couldn't do that, but that they did have some tires in stock that were of a lower speed rating. Now let me say that I don't know a heck of a lot about cars, but this seemed fishy to me. I asked her, "Is that safe? Can that be done without harming the car?" She said "Yep. It's no big deal to downgrade the tires. In fact, it will be cheaper for you."

So I agreed. Big mistake. I got my car from them later that day and as soon as I drove out of the parking lot I noticed my car was pulling to the left really hard. I immediately turned around, drove back in and explained that the car was pulling to the left. I asked her if they had aligned the car after putting the tires on and she said yes. Just to be sure she had the mechanics check the alignment. They could find nothing wrong. I then explained to her that the car was not pulling before I brought it in and now it was, therefore logic says it must be something Goodyear had done. She said, and I quote, "We didn't cause this problem.

There is clearly some other mechanical problem with your car and we can't fix it. You need to take it to another garage." I should note that when this happened, my car was about 3 1/2 years old and had *never* had any mechanical problems (at 6 1/2 years now, I still have never had a problem except this one).

I was pretty angry but you can't MAKE someone work on your vehicle. So I took it to another garage, one that specializes in Subarus. I explained the situation to them and they said they'd have a look. As soon as the mechanic had it up on the lift, he came out and said, "This car has the wrong kind of tires on it. It requires a higher rated tire. You can't go down in ratings. You have to get the correct tires put on it and until you do, I would not drive it on the freeway. It's unsafe at high speeds." And of course, they charged me $70 for their time.

I took it back to Goodyear with the paperwork explaining the problem from the other mechanic. The front desk woman got flustered and first told me that the other garage was wrong. Lower rated tires were fine and I should just go away. Then she said, "How do we even know it's actually pulling? I only have your word for this." I handed her the keys and said "Drive it yourself." She refused but she did get a mechanic from their shop to come out with me. Now this is the fun part...we get out on the road and he says "Yeah this thing is really pulling...so what's the deal here? What's the situation?" Apparently she hadn't explained the scenario to him. All she had told him was to ride with us and verify if the car was pulling. So I told him about the lower tire ratings and he IMMEDIATELY interrupted me and said "Oh no! You can't do that. You can't put a lower rated tire on this car. I can't believe she told you that. She really should know better." Her own mechanic busted her!

We got back and I finally got Goodyear to agree to replace the tires with the correct ones. I had to pay the fee to upgrade of course which is fine; the correct ones were more expensive tires after all. However, I felt that Goodyear should take $70 off the price given that I had to pay another garage $70 to get them to admit their mistake. They refused. I was told "You went to that other garage by your own choice. We didn't tell you to go someplace else." But the thing is...they did tell me to go to another garage! When I asked to speak to their manager I was told they didn't currently have a manager and that he had been fired the week before. No wonder the place was in a shambles.

I tried to write corporate to correct the problem. I explained it and laid it all out to them as I did here. I even attached copies of my receipts from both Goodyear visits and my visit to the other garage (with the part that explained the mistake by Goodyear). The response? About what you'd expect: A letter thanking me for being a good customer a few coupons for $10 off an oil change. Like I'm ever going back to Goodyear to use those coupons!

I think what bothers me the most is even in the end, that front desk person wouldn't admit her mistake. She wanted me to drive off in a car that was unsafe to drive, all because she refused to admit she'd been wrong. I also wish corporate had been willing to make some real effort to make up for the problem, but oh well. Goodyear has pretty much lost a customer for life as far as I'm concerned. They may overall be a good company, but it only takes one negative experience like this to put a bad taste in your mouth for dealing with them.

• Le
    LEDA Jan 16, 2010

I took my car to Goodyear Master service center on Salem and Otterbein in Dayton Ohio to have a tire replaced.

They pulled my car in the garage and told me to wait in the waiting room. I did.. Then I realized I had left my purse in my car and walked in the garage to get it out of my car.
    When the manager "Darrel" seen me in the garage he literally man handled me by the arm, and drug me back to the lobby. I was livid!

I told him give me my F'ing keys and I am leaving! He did not want to listen to anything I had to say... I left and will never be back.

• Le
    LEDA Jan 16, 2010

I can go either way.. I'll post good if good and bad if bad...

• As
    AshuGoel Dec 18, 2019

My first experience itself is like hell.
    I ordered 4 tires under mail/rebate offer, their customer representative confirmed me i can file rebate of $75 after tire installation.

Now customer representative are saying those tires are not eligible for rebate and we cant do anything about it.

Shame on your services.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices