Goodyear Auto Service Center / unethical manager, Robert Lopez

1700 Veterans Boulevard, Del Rio, TX 78840 , Del Rio, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (830) ‎775-7487

Went in for brakes only. After inspection, the store manager Robert Lopez said I needed new front tires due to misalignment & wear on the inside. The "old" tires had 32039 miles on them & were still well under warranty with Discount Tires. Told him I didn't want new tires just fix the brakes, rotate & align the tires. After 7 hours I was shocked at how much the brakes cost to repair, but after waiting all day I was in a hurry for a working weekend out of town so didn't ponder the cost at the time. Scrutinized the invoice the following day. Called the store to ask why I was charged a "scrap tire disposal" fee. An employee said Goodyear replaced all 4 of my 20 month old tires despite my objection. Robert Lopez never showed me any tires so I don't know how he chose the ones placed on my car. Because Mr. Lopez disposed of the "old" tires I am now unable to get reimbursement from Discount Tires for the remaining warranty. Corporate decided to reimburse me for half of the labor & give me some rebate coupons. However this is not about money. I urge everyone to boycott businesses and managers like Robert Lopez.

Ia

Comments

• Ga
      22nd of Mar, 2012

You didn't notice the new tires on your car? Every time I have bought new tires I can smell the new rubber for several days. Are the new tires on your invoice?