Goodwill / manager took item from checkout cart

1 Hampton, United States Review updated:

I went to Goodwill Hampton VA been many times, I go to the Outlet side and this was the first time I have run into this. I filled my basket to check out and had the manager take an item from the basket and say he cant sell it to me its a mistake then walk away with it. It was nothing more then a network card for a laptop not worth a whole lot but I spent an hour digging this out from the piles of garbage to have them take it back because they deemed it worth more then .59 cents? I thought this was the whole point of the outlet side. I tried to complain but he said he was the manager and he didn't really seem to care that not only is it bad business practices but also I believe illegal to offer something for sale then refuse to see it to you. Gee I wonder what else they take from people. I tried to call the 1-800 number o their website but it doesn't even go to Goodwill. Not a happy shopper.

Re
Apr 28, 2015

Comments

• Br
      10th of Jul, 2009
    GoodWill - I do not approve of new mangement
    Bradford
    Pennsylvania

I was a voulnteer at the bradford PA, Goodwill and I do not feel comfortable voulnteering for the new management. I will nolonger voulnteer at this goodwill untill the old or different management is in place.

4th of Apr, 2012
    GoodWill - Donation store
    Goodwill
    Houston
    Texas

I don't know if you have noticed the excessive rise in prices than Goodwill. These are reaching levels of stores with new products.
    Consumers are very unhappy because those are produtos that people donate, they can't can acquire a department store ...
    REALLY ABUSIVE!
    What is happening with these people???

• Ri
      12th of May, 2012
    GoodWill - asking nicley to dig through there dumpster
    goodwill
    Gladewater
    Texas

i was asking a goodwill worker if i could dig through the dumpster for stuffed animals for my girlfriend, but she said your not allowed, well then i just walked out not saying a word, and my girlfriend and i were pissed off.

• Ca
      6th of Dec, 2012

It goes to charity

15th of May, 2014

Why don't you get a job and a life.

• Ky
      9th of Apr, 2015
    GoodWill - was treated rudely
    goodwill
    Upper Darby

I was at the upper darby recruiting event yesterday and i asked and african american female employee where to sign in. Her response was that she was not interested in anything i had to say. She said this infront of all of the applicants causing me to feel emabarassed.