Gold's Gym / worst car shop

1 United States

If anyone of you get a phone call from Gold's Gym and ask you to join the club because if you join over the phone, they will give you discount, you don't have to pay the full initial fee like others and give you 1-2 months free service after you join the club over the phone... and lalala... this is all the lies and scams that they tell you.. After you heard all those benefits compare to other fitness, you will think wow... you get good deal... but after you give them your credit card number... they will charge you the rip off initial fee and charge you for regular monthly fee ==>which is not in the agreement at the time you sign up over the phone... from the time you signed up for the club, they will never bother to send you any paper work or paper agreement to your house, not even an account number... and you found out that you're being cheated and ripped off by Gold's Gym.. You call for cancellation. And they will not process your request... they will keep telling you that they will call you again, so just leave them your number... but THEY WILL NEVER CALL YOU AGAIN!!! you have to call back again and again and finally they are not going to do anything... in my case, I have to call my credit card company to have them close my credit card number so they Gold's Gym will able to charge me anymore...and then I called Gold's Gym for request reimburse my money. But they said they don't have this kind of policy that refunds money to the customer. and I asked them if they still have the conversation between me and the presentative on the day that I signed up for the contract, they said verbal conversation is not honored and not recorded...I have to go with the agreement. but the funny part is the Gold's Gym guy call me over the phone and read the agreement to me, in the agreement he reads to me, he said he is only charge me $75 for initial fee, instead of paying $159 and by joining today he will give me 2 monthly free service. But in fact, this is all the lies that fitness representative tell you over the phone so that you can join. but once you join you found out that you're being cheated by this fitness company...!!! until now they didn't give my money back and I have closed my credit cared account to get out of this company. I promised to my self will never being scam or being cheat by joining this club again1!! Ever in my life!!! And I want to let people out there know this matter so you will not become another victim like me.by mistake joined this fitness. still got so pissed off now. join bally fitness or 24 hours fitness is much better!!!