GoldCar Rental / money taken from my deposit

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 by   User
I hired a car from gold car on 14 December to 18 December 2017. Booking reference ES[protected] collection and drop off at Alicante airport. I was told I had to leave credit card deposit of 1400 euros.
The car was returned fully fuelled and in the same condition as I collected it. I now have a credit card bill for £183.13 from gold car without any explanation of what I have been charged for. I did not authorise this charge and want to know what I have been charged for. I took photos of the small marks on the card when I collected it, just in case a dispute arose.
I would like contact from the company to explain why they have changed my credit card as I do not intend to pay the charge.
Contact me by email steve_smo@msn.com
Do not send me phone number contacts as these at too expensive.

Regards
Steven Moses

GoldCar RentalGoldCar RentalGoldCar Rental

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Feb 13, 2018
Dear Steven,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you have to know that our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website (https://www.goldcar.es/en/atencionCliente/ (you have the button to open a query at the bottom-right section of this page)). That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree