Complaints & Reviews

Goldcar — unethical behaviour

I rented a car from gold car and was told the 216 euro was a deposit when I asked for what I was paying for...

GoldCar Rentalcar rental in fuerteventura

We just got back from a trip to Fuerteventura. Booked a car via Expedia, which I tend to trust - but it was with Goldcar (which I really should have Googled first - they are notorious scam artists). (Contract number was 8947935 - picked up 13/2/16, returned 20/2/16)

We showed up at their counter after 9pm, only to be told we needed to pay double the going rate for a full tank of petrol, PLUS an extra €127 for insurance! Politely declined the insurance, as we're already covered, only to be told that it was required if we wanted to take the car. (Others have said they were offered the option to have a "damage deposit" held on their card instead - we weren't offered this, but it was probably a good thing, as another traveller told us at drop-off that he had just been told the £200 "deposit" he'd put down wasn't going to be refunded!)

By this time, it was 10pm, we were on an industrial estate in an area we weren't familiar with (no way to get a cab), and our son was tired and cranky, so we very reluctantly agreed to the insurance. Imagine my face when we got to the hotel and I read the T&Cs on our booking - the insurance we'd been forced to purchase ("Cobertura Super") was clearly listed as an optional extra! Yes, their employee blatantly lied to us.

We were also told quite brusquely that the cost of any remaining petrol in the tank when we returned the car would be "refunded, automatic - in 2 hours" - needless to say, it's a full day later and no refund has appeared.

I've contacted both Goldcar and Expedia about this to request a refund for the petrol and unnecessary insurance - a total of €216.30 - but I don't hold out a lot of hope for a resolution from either one - so I'm resolved to spread the word as widely as I can instead. They put a real damper on the start to our long-anticipated holiday, and I'm still very angry about it.

• GoldCar Rental's response · Mar 11, 2016

Dear AHayes,

Please note that if customers have third party coverage, such as yourself, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card (unblocked 15-20 days later if the vehicle is returned in the same condition).

I believe this issue has been solved already.

f you have any questions or you would like me to review your contract, please send me an email at [protected]@goldcar.com.

• Lo
      loki27 Feb 21, 2016

Hi..issue

• Kizzie Gipson   Feb 22, 2016

Terrible Experience with Gold Car in Faro.

I booked through Argus Car Rental - be warned - you do not know which rental car company you get until they send you a confirmation - it was Gold Car. Terrible service - 50 minute wait - then a hard sell on insurance - and then the petrol trick - full tank / bring back empty.

Its pretty clear they put in low prices to the Argus and Cartrawler search engines to get the business and then recover the rest through extortionate pricing on fuel - how you can return a tank empty is beyond me - on average if people bring it back 1/3 full they are making an extra 45 euros on every rental.

Do not use Cartrawler or Argus if your rental is less than three days. These are the ones Gold Car really wants as they know you won't use much petrol.

Be warned!!! Skip Gold Car and Skip Cartrawler and Argus who are allowing them to get away with it.

Goldcarcar hire insurance rip-off

I have hired 50-60 cars over the past decade and i've always been asked whether I want to pay extra for comprehensive insurance - something which I always decline as I have my own car hire excess policy.

I picked up a car in tenerife airport at 8pm on the day of my arrival and after getting to my accommodation (10mins drive away) I realised that they had automatically added comprehensive insurance at a cost of over €120 for the 10 day hire. I didn't want this or ask for it - it was just added without my knowledge.

I returned at 9am the following morning to query it and was told i'd have to return again in the evening and speak to the agent involved directly. On returning a second time (I had better things to do with my holiday time but that's another story) I queued for nearly an hour only to be told that nothing could be done.

I stood my ground and said that wasn't good enough. Eventually they agreed to a refund of the excess but only agreed to refund €83 on the basis that I had had the car overnight and the excess cover for 1-3 days was €37. Again I said that wasn't good enough as I never consented to the extra cover and brought it to their attention at the earliest possible opportunity.

This was as good as it got though - I eventually took the refund and went away fuming. I have dealt with many car hire companies but will never deal with goldcar again - don't go near them.

After reading other complaints i'm wondering whether my remaining fuel will be refunded as per the agreement, and what other mystery charges will be taken from my credit card over the next few weeks. Scam company - avoid at all costs.

• Goldcar Rental Feb 01, 2016

Dear Reviewer76621,

Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card. If you have any other questions or concerns, do feel free to contact me via direct message at [protected]@goldcar.com so I may be of further assistance. Hoping you rent with us again on your next trip.

Goldcar Representative

GoldCar Rentala company to strongly avoid!

Rented a car with an on-line trading site (travelsupermarket) and unluckily got a voucher for Goldcar. After this experience will never use this online marketplace again if I cannot select/verify up front which car rental company I will get assigned. By the way, I landed in Rome on the 19/12/2015 and I took the shuttle van to reach the rental company site, which is 10 minutes drive from the Fiumicino Terminal (very inconvenient especially when dropping off). I provided my voucher which was for a Group R car (Fiat 500L or similar) but Immediately they told me that no Fiat 500L were available but only Renault Clio (which is far smaller than the 500L). Actually these guys only run Renault or Nissan cars so there is no way you can have a 500L, giulietta, Golf, or similar when you get to them via a comparison web site. Anyway after some complain I requested an upgrade and they gave me a Cangoo for extra 50 Euros. After sorting the car, the annoying lady at the counter "Elisa" started to push and sell me the extra insurance, insisting and frightening me about the excess charges in case of an accident. I had to insist and rise my voice to let her drop the selling and she finally gave up. I might say never experience a most annoying desk attendant at any service desk in my life! Thinking this was over and ready to leave to pick the car, she then told me I had to pay advance refueling and that was 135 Euros! I mean 135 Euros for a full tank of a medium car? with the diesel price at Eur 1, 19 per liter in Italy, that was a complete rip off. Unfortunately with this company you cannot avoid to pay fueling in advance so be aware when you think you have found a deal with GoldCar because you'll pay the extra at the check in!!! I finally managed to leave with the car and when I returned it, then I had another great experience with the check out clerk! after looking at everything possible to report he just found a minimal scratch (that I didn't notice during the check in) in the rear bumper and he told me nicely that he had to report it to the customer services, but just for information. That wasn't meant to be an accident report but he had just to report it. I said that was strange. I double check with the guy that that "reporting for information" would have resulted into an extra charge on my credit card but he assured me that no, no charges on my credit card would have happened because of that report but customer service would have contacted me for clarifications. ...In fact, on the same day my credit card was charged by Gold Car for Euro 300!! on the same day!!! for a scratch which can barely be noticed!!! BOTTOM LINE: This guys are absolutely a fraud. You have to be aware and very careful with GoldCar about the extra charges when you get the car and the way how they try to find reasons for extra charges for damages when you return the car. Staff attendants are aggressive and annoying both during check in and check out so I strongly suggest NOT TO USE THIS COMPANY for any rental, at least in Rome (my experience). After my experience I logged a claim with their customer support but still haven't received any response or feedback

Dear LoreLa,

We are constantly trying to improve our services and your feedback is highly appreciated. Allow me to respond to your comments above. The rental procedure is explained on our webpage during the booking process. Please note that customers can only book the desired category of vehicle, the offered vehicle at the counter depends on availability. All information regarding the location of our offices (and shuttle services for the few that are not in the airport facilities) can be found our webpage, on the booking voucher as well as in our official YouTube channel. During the booking process customers have the option of purchasing two fuel plans: our Flex Fuel plan, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and receives a refund for unused fuel (no need to return it empty), minus a handling and administration fee. The second plan is a Full to Full, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and is refunded the same amount when returning the vehicle with a full tank. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

• GoldCar Rental's response · Mar 18, 2016

Dear Jimpap77,

Please allow me to explain our Flex Fuel policy: customers pre-purchase a full tank and receive a refund for unused fuel, minus a handling and administration fee (the vehicle needs to be driven to be refueled and cannot be rented out in the meantime). With this plan customers benefit from our Quick Return System, they don't have to worry about refueling the vehicle close to the office before returning it or wait for the tank to be checked. This is explained during the booking process through our website (please copy/paste the following link on your browser for a screenshot: http://bit.ly/1HdvHef). A Full to Full plan is also offered and explained during the booking process through our website (http://bit.ly/1AWwjQE).

• Ji
          jimpap77 Feb 11, 2016

Rented a car with their SITE.. After this experience will never use this CAR RENT company again.
          By the way, I landed in Athens on 4/2/2015 and I took the shuttle van to reach the rental company site, which is 15 minutes drive from the airport and waiting for over 20 minutes the shuttle bus to come. I provided my voucher which was for a Group R car (Fiat 500L or similar) but Immediately they told me that Fiat 500L was DIESEL and had to pay more 12 euros . Available but only Nissan Note (which is far smaller than the 500L). . Although i bought an extra Super Relax insurance. Also they charge in advance for Fuel 53, 66 Euros and 18, 70 for Fuel Service (what does it means ? ). They say that what i booked, another person from the personnel when i returned the car said that I could change it (nobody told me that when picking the car)
          NOT TO USE THIS COMPANY for any rental.

Goldcar Rentalscar damage

I rented a car from Goldcar Alicante on 01/01/16 through Ryanair at the last minute as the trip was an emergency Hospital visit to my mother that had been rushed in after a nasty fall. I had to sign the car condition form at the desk before I even saw the car. On reaching the car and a quick look around it I noticed a small scrape on the rear bumper but as I had not even touch the car I assumed that the company would have paper work showing the damage from the previous customer . On returning the car I was asked about the damage and how it had happened. I told them that it was there on pick up but was told I should have reported it at that time. So don't make the same mistake check the car and report any damage before you leave. They charged me 200 euros for a small scratch . Thankfully I had taken out excess insurance in the uk. I will not be using them again. Contract Number 9137712

Dear Tickner,

Please note that our basic coverage always contemplates an excess. If customers have third party coverage, such as yourself, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card. You are indeed correct that it is highly recommended to check the car for any possible scratches before signing off and taking it. We appreciate that you have shared this information and hope you reconsider booking with us again.

• GoldCar Rental's response · Feb 08, 2016

Dear Gerdy B,

Please see my comment in reply to your comment in the other thread. You are more than welcome to contact me via [protected]@goldcar.com if you have any questions.

• Ge
            Gerdy B Feb 05, 2016

This company is just a scam ! If you are not taking their extra insurance, they always try to blame you for some damage that you did not cause. Similar thing happened to me. On return they just refused to check the car but later they charge me 250 euro for a scratch that was definately not there when I returned the car.
            Stay away from this company even if you have extra insurance.

Goldcargive me my money back

I will warn you for Goldcar Goldcar forced me 5/12 to take a second insurance and took 2x € 198, 30 from my account. ( I rented the car at Ryanair and took also the insurance I paid now about € 550, - for one week. I send 8 mails, I phoned several times, I send messengers, but till now, no reaction, that they are working on my complaint. ( The reaction "We are so busy with all the complains" One of my mails Send: Tuesday 8 December 2015 12:09 Aan: Customer Services FW: GAP Comentario : 860720 / Bono Agencia: ES576063370 ebs Mr./Miss. I hope you take my complaint now series. Contracto 9043225 Entregas a Cuenta 5/12/2015 20.46.03 € 198, 30 ( Maes) Codigo Cliente: 7993702 My bank account shows; 05-12-2015 GOLDCAR TENERIFE SURTENERIFE PASVOLGNR [protected]:46 BA 198, 30 Af 05-12-2015 GOLDCAR TENERIFE SURTENERIFE PASVOLGNR [protected]:41 BA 198, 30 Please give me my money back!!! J.A.Stekelenburg ( the Netherlands)

• Ha
              hansjosien Jan 05, 2016

Please give me back my money

Goldcarcar hire customer service

We write to advise everyone of the fact that we attempted to hire an economy car through Goldcar at Barcelona airport today. We had pre booked this through holidayautos however we were unable to collect the car as a result of the pre hire existing damage on the vehicle and the refusal of the staff member to give me a copy of the recorded damage ‎contract after they had signed to acknowledge the damage. I was told to quote "It was dumb to ask for a copy". When I asked for proof of what I had signed showing the pre existing damage I was told, again to quote, "F--k off out of the office". I therefore had no alternative but to abandon the hire and break the contract. Consequently I make this complaint as I believe they have pre authorized my card for 57.00 euros fuel and a 950.00 euros damage excess. This was an unbelievable situation where I simply asked for a copy of a damage contract and was told to "F..k Off"

Goldcarcar hire

Murcia Airport October 2015 - Very poor customer service, vastly overpriced tank of fuel, nothing like the car we requested, we ended up with a vehicle that was more like a van and awful to drive. Our flight was delayed so we were charged an additional 40 euros for late pick up. we had no choice but to take it at the time or we would've been stuck at the airport. The car was damaged and when we went back to have it checked the agent made us wait over 30 mins for him to get ready to leave work and lock up etc. Therefore technically we should have charged the 40 euros back for being kept waiting!? All together a disappointing experience that worked out way more expensive than expected. Will not use this company again. there were 3 other people waiting behind us to hire cars, when they heard the 40 euros excess charge they all walked away.

• GoldCar Rental's response · Dec 01, 2015

Dear Customer, Allow me to explain our fuel policy; during the booking process customers have the option of purchasing two fuel plans: our Flex Fuel plan, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and receives a refund for unused fuel, minus a handling and administration fee (please copy/paste the following link on your browser for a screenshot http://bit.ly/1HdvHef). The second plan is a Full to Full, where the customer pre-purchases a full tank and is refunded the same amount when returning the vehicle with a full tank. (http://bit.ly/1AWwjQE). All fuel charges are published on the website here: https://www.goldcar.es/en/sdr/.
                  As you can see, it shows the cost breakdown of the full tank, the fuel handling fee and location costs. It is even separated in diesel/petrol, by vehicle class and country.
                  The prices are calculated taking into account: the market price for fuel in the days prior to pickup, vehicle model, type of fuel recommended by the manufacturer, taxes and handling charges.
                  Please note that as explained in our T&Cs, there is an additional local charge for all vehicles collected outside office opening hours (http://bit.ly/1Lv1oRj).
                  We are surprised to hear that the vehicle you were given was not in optimal condition. Offering top rate vehicles is our number one priority, which is why 70% of our +37, 000 car fleet is renewed annually. We are an international company with offices in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Andorra, Malta and Morocco, serving more than 1 million customers a year (1% of which complain online).
                  Goldcar representative

Goldcar — car rental (lisbon airport office)

I rented a car (6-11 Oct 2015) under contract number 8873180. During the car return the "damage" to...

Goldcar Car Rentalcharging 480 euros for already existing damages

I rented a car from Goldcar in Pisa airpot office on 15/10/2015 (contract 8892703). I refused to buy the excess insurance even if the employee was insisting. I received the keys at 22.30 in the evening and the report of the car indicated no damages. I was told to check the car for any damages but at that time in a dark parking place I couldn't see all the details and the car looked ok. I returned the car on 22/10/2015 at 6.30 in the morning because my flight was at 07.45. I parked the car to the company's available spaces and dropped the keys in a specific return box. After reaching home I received an email saying that the car had new damages (photos were sent indicating 1 minor skratch and 1 forced lock) and that I should fill in an accident form. The reality is that these 2 "damages" were already there when I received the car and I could not notice them. When I checked my vacation photos I saw that they were there from the beginning. Goldcar charged already 480 euro in my credit car without further explanations and after I replied to them that these damages were not caused by myself. This is really unacceptable and I request a refund of the amount (480 euro).

Dear Stathis,

The contract number you posted above is that of a 3rd party entity. Kindly send me your Goldcar reservation number so I may look into what seems to be a highly unusual case.

• GoldCar Rental's response · Feb 08, 2016

Dear Gerdy B,

I sincerely would be happy to help in any way I can. If you would like me to review your contract please send me an email with your contract number to [protected]@goldcar.com.

• Ge
                    Gerdy B Feb 05, 2016

Same thing happened to me. Trying to charge me for damage that I did not cause.
                    I have filed a complaint at both the European Customer Centre which fully agrees with me. After confronting Goldcar with this, they don't reply my emails anymore.
                    Also not Victoria R. Do not bother to contact her. This is just another scam from Goldcar. Pretending to be nice and helpful but in reality doing nothing at all.

Gold Car Rental — rental car damage scam to fault customer

Hello I desperately need your help regarding fraud I feel I have been victim with this company. I rented a...

Goldcaranother customer well and truly screwed over

At the point of pickup it became apparent that a typo on my rental agreement left me a day short. I felt sure that GOLDCAR would be able to resolve this amicably?? More fool me... this was how they dealt with it. Female assistant took my booking forms off me and after a short while (after I explained my predicament) literally chucked the paperwork back at me with words to this affect… …..You have booked this with a ‘cheap’ agent and you will need to contact them directly to make any alterations to your booking…. Ok so I spoke to the agent RENTACAR then I spoke to the assistant again, then to RENTACAR again. This continued for some 90 minutes by which time the agent could no longer talk to GOLDCAR central office as it was now past 5pm on Friday evening and the office was closed until Monday morning.. So to cut a long story short there was nothing that could be done No Extension No Refund No Alternative Not even if I accepted the loss of the first vehicle and paid again!!? What really put the icing on the cake (NOT) was I could feel a sort of exuberance coming from this sad female ‘assistant’ due to the fact that she knew that we (family of 5 with children) were completely screwed.. No sign of sympathy or compassion or any kind of compromise whatsoever. (I’m sure this car (Audi A4 with satnav and full cdw) was rented out within an hour of us leaving the airport.) Well done GOLDCAR another customer well and truly screwed over In short as a company GOLDCAR (who owe their existence to travellers such as us) should be ashamed of this complete dereliction of duty, and as an individual this ‘assistant’ was a disgrace to herself, her company, and her nation. Fortunately AVIS (opposite counter at Alicanti Arrivals) were able to sort me out albeit at a somewhat higher price and saved us from spending the night in the airport…

Goldcarcar rental credit card fraud

This summer I rented a car in Malta with Goldcar. When I presented my card, they informed me the card was not accepted. Then I offerered a second one. Also not accepted. A third one - not accepted! That was completely impossible. The credit cards were working well and had good funds. Without a choice I was forced to buy an insurance of 67 euro for 3 days! Then after I analysed the slips of my credit cards i see that the transactions were not rejected, but cancelled. I phoned my bank and they told me that the credit request appeared on their systems but that was immediately and automatically cancelled by Goldcar and my bank never made a credit evaluation for the transaction!
                    That was not all - I got an empty tank, instead of a full one (although my contract cleared stated full/full).
                    I made complaints locally and then online when I returned home - until now without success - they have not given my money back.
                    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM
                    Pedro

Goldcarmisleading information re car rental

We arranged from online suppliers, Cartrawler via Argus care hire, to pick up a rental car at Reus Airport, Spain on September 12, 2015. This turned out to be Goldcar.

Contracte number: 8728887 at 11:29 on September 12 2015.

We waited in a queue for 1.5 hours after landing to get our pre arranged car. The process was very slow. During the course of the wait, three separate people, who had already been given cars, came back to comment on the damage they had found on their vehicle.
                      We had bought insurance from the website, Cartrawler, to be prepared for driving in Spain. When we reached the desk, we were told this insurance was inadequate and we would have to purchase Goldstar's own insurance. We disputed this, and a man in the adjacent queue spoke to us as he was having the same conversation with his desk clerk. We eventually had to purchase the insurance, as, when driving in a foreign country, you need to know that you are complying with the laws in that country. However, it is a criminal offence in the UK to insure the same vehicle twice, and presumably this holds true in other EU countries. In order to pay for this, we needed to use a payment card which was not the one we booked with. This cost us 44 euro to do, over and above the cost of the insurance. We were unable to cancel the original insurance as we were not in a position to phone or be in email contact - a fact which we are sure Goldcar exploits. This was coercion, as we were made to feel vulnerable at our first point of contact in the country, unable to change course or lose all of the money which had already been paid, as well as being made to feel unsure/ unsafe about the legal requirement of the insurance issue. As we went through the process, we recognised that it was exactly what we had seen happening to the customers who preceded us. The same actions, the same questioning attitude, the same incredulity and finally, the same outcome - using a payment card to give money to Goldcar, which was unexpected outlay. Many of these customers had also come prepared with documentation which we presumed to be insurance.
                      During this process, the manager who served us was absolutely impassive, running to what was obviously a well rehearsed script. Although she explained the reasons, they made no real sense, but had to be accepted as we had no way of checking. Similarly, as she explained the petrol system, she treated us in a disdainful way as if we were mentally subnormal, taking credit and debit card details which we then felt might be used for spurious charges not really incurred by us. She did not ask for the details of the code which the DVLA said was now required by car rental companies who are renting vehicles to UK licenceholders.
                      Eventually, we were given the keys to a Ford Fiesta. The car was so badly damaged that we could not even be certain if it was roadworthy. We have video of this if you require to see it. We complained, the manager was supercilious and said she did not know the condition of the car. However, the car was exchanged and the substitute was acceptable.
                      This whole process took almost 2 hours at the very beginning of our holiday, leaving us to worry about what might happen if we had need to make an insurance claim, if the Goldcar insurance was really adequate, if the vehicle we had rented was really roadworthy, what would happen if we needed to call them for assistance. The whole scenario left us feeling absolutely robbed, in broad daylight, by a company which obviously trains its employees to lie about the legal requirements for driving in order to extract money from the customer, as well as charge extra for using an internationally acceptable payment card.
                      Leaving aside the insulting way in which we were treated, we are asking for this incident to be investigated, a refund of the insurance to be given to us and a refund of the 44 euro charge for using a separate card to buy the extra insurance. Also, Cartrawler and Argus need to understand how Goldcar is operating (if they don't already know, and it would be impossible for them not to know!) and be persuaded not to trade with them, as it gives a veneer of credibility to Goldcar online.

Gold Car Rental — extra charge

I booked a car on April, 7 at Atlaschoice Car Rentals site ([protected]) and paid the contract. On picking the...

Lisbon

Goldcar — extra 40 €

I rented a car in my last visit to Italy. I paid all amount of bill. after 3 month later. I see extra 40 euro...

Gold Car3 hours wait and bad customer service

This is the complaint and answer to my complaint from gold car: 3hours wait to pick up vehicle!!!
                        Sent on our return from holiday:
                        Hi there. I would like to make you aware of the nightmare we went through with goldcar at lisbon airport: when we showed up to collect the car there was at least 30 people queuing, we placed ourselves in the queue. (Out of 5 desks only 2 were staffed). My wife after 30minutes went to speak with a lady from goldcar as our little 2 year old was getting relentless. The lady had a terrible attitude and barely could lift a corner of her mouth to pretend to at least smile and said that she has no clue why the queue is so long and said that she just started her shift, when my wife mentioned about our child, the attendant responded: I know it is not easy but you just have to queue and wait like everybody else. We waited for 3hours!!! Finally when I got to the desk and started the paperwork, the attendant (A different one called fatima, the other lady who was beside fatima was listening our conversation as glared at me a few times whilst she was talking to abnother customer) when I mentioned about my child, said: why you did not say so! We would have given you priority! I explained about the fact that 2 and a half hour ago we told her colleague but she abruptly told us to wait. It is the worst experience I ever had renting a car as we were appalled by the length it took to get the car and the attitude staff had was unbelievable, all other unfortunate customers had reservations therefore it is not something goldcar did not know about and in fact at least on 3 occasions more staff showed up at moments but not to speed up the queue but to relive their colleagues for breaks. This definitely spoiled our first day of holiday as I was upset, my wife knackered not to mention our 2 year old daughter.

On 26 may 2015 at 13:47, customer services <[protected]@goldcar.com> wrote:
                        Dear customer.

Thank you for your observations about your car hire experience with us.
                        Your opinion is important to us and is the key to our commitment to fulfill our customer’s expectations.
                        Goldcar with its network of over 30 offices in five countries and a fleet of over 30, 000 cars, has more than 700, 000 customers like you. Goldcar has always been committed to innovation and new technologies to meet optimally to its customers and reduce the time of collection of the car so that our customers can maximize their stay.
                        Regardless of these efforts can occur outside goldcar circumstances such as limited space and parking at the airport for all companies in the sector, or the arrival of several flights at the same time generating an accumulation of customers arriving at once our counter.
                        We would like to thank you again for your time and your evaluation of our service.
                        We hope to see you again soon and remember, for any further information about your car hire, please visit our website www.goldcar.es
                        Kind regards
                        Customer services. Vicente
                        My answer to their probably template response:
                        Sorry but this is just not a good enough answer but just a pre typed template which I guess you use quite frequently and anyway did not cover all the points raised in my previous correspondance as poor customer service and bad staff attitude was not covred or at least aknowledged, it is not about sopace at the airport or too many flights arriving together... It is about being able to correctly staff your desks. 95% of people queueing had reservations therefore it could not have been a surprise for goldcar to have these customers turning up at the time they did and you failed in correctly filling your desks at peak times. During our ordeal we only saw x2 (Then 3 after 1.5hours we were waiting) staff working at the same time but you should have had double that ammount of staff covering as do most of the other (More serious and professional) car rental companies but this is where the difference stand isn't it? I have rented cars for the past 15 years and never had to queue 3 hours to collect the vehicle. I will never again use your company and will make sure to feedback via all the sites I generally use to either find a car rental or to give feedbacks on social media, to highlight my reccomendation not to use golden car by informing possible future users of the appalling waiting time and poor customer service received.

Dear Williamwap76,

Thank you for bringing what seems to be a highly unusual situation to our attention. We will make sure to speak to them to improve the quality of the service offered at that location.

Goldcar representative

Goldcar Palma De Mallorcaadditional charges on credit card!!

I booked a car via rentalcars.com on Palma de Mallorca on 9th April -16th April 2015. At our arrival at the car hire in Palma, the vehicle was already damaged which I informed the clerk at the car rental, before renting it.We documented the damages thru photos and a damage report. I have 7 witnesses to what was the status of the car both before and after renting the car. To my surprise I discovered that Goldcar has charged me with additional 843, 00 EUR on May 4:th. Have not yet received any explanation for the charges, have not receved any answer to my mail from Goldcar.

• GoldCar Rental's response · Mar 11, 2016

Dear Maarit,

In Goldcar, no charges are made if there isn’t a reason for it.

• Mr
                              Mr. and Mrs.Angry Nov 25, 2015

Me too! They took 950 euros. Will not reply to emails. The Goldcar agent said the car was ok.4 weeks later my credit card statement showed they had taken 950 euros (650 english pounds) they say it's for damage to the vehicle, but there was none. They will not respond to my emails. Does anybody know their Head Office address, it's in Alicante, but can't find it on a Google search (why am I surprised). Also llokinf email address of any senior manager. How can they get away with this when we are all in European Union?
                              Any adcice gladly received. I cannot let this go, £650 is a lot of money and the agent said the car was Ok, which I know it was.
                              This is just plain theft.

• Mr
                              Mr. and Mrs.Angry Oct 08, 2016

You are a bunch of crooks. I take great delight discussing your behaviour at every available opportunity. Always advising people never to deal with you.

• Dm
                              D Manders Nov 06, 2017

Totally agree they have done the same thing to me at Arrecife airport although not for as much (€200). I now cant get any response from them at all, absolute disgraceful company that you should avoid.

Goldcarsteal of money

We booked a car via AutoEurope, which in turn booked through GoldCar (Goldcar, cheap car hire, Spain car hire, car hire, Alicante car hire, Majorca car hire, Malaga car hire, gold car, airport car hire, Goldcar Rental)

Why GoldCar ? I sincerely don't know, but this agency was the cheapest (here might be the beginning of trouble…) : €38 for 3 days insurance included.

We took the car upon plane arrival without any trouble, though the clerk at the counter insisted several times on our responsibility if we don't take an extra insurance (one was already provided through the autoeurope contract). We didn't take the GoldCar insurance, knowing we already took one.

When we brought the car back this monday 20 april 2015, the clerk who came to inspect the car (the same one that made the papers on our arrival) litterally jumped on a little defect from several meters away. The defect is so little (size of a dime) she couldn't see it from that far without knowing it, and indicated we did cause damage to the car and we will have to pay (nice way of treating customers).

Knowing we had a plane in less than one hour, it's quite hard to have your rights respected bu such an insultant behavior...especially knowing GoldCar (cheap car hire…) « secured » 1035€ on our credit card…

The clerk was not only dishonest, but refused to give us an invoic stating the invoices are generated every 3 hours in spain...what a s.h.i.t !
                            There is for now, no real way of knowing of how much we'll be ripped off (will it just be the « minimum » of €180 announced by this girl…?). Yes, this is a SCAM. Please check for yourself on google by typing « goldcar scam ».

Cheers,

steal of money

Goldcarcar not working

Car suddelly stopped working, hdget and so omad to wit 45 min for dervice (wish became 3 hrs in the middle of the hifghway, car past in like 120 km an hr minimum. SOSservice was rude and hang up, finaly police came and help me out of the problem. I Talked to both Police an Taxi driver, both saiid Godlcar was the woest company to rent a car from. My bank adviced my to do a chegeback, and even close my credit card, cause Goldgar.com / Goldcar.es is a fraud. I called and said it wa an emergency, but the cleckrs just hang up 5-6 times. NEVER RENT A CAR FROM GOLDCAR. tHEY HAVE LOW PRICS, BUT IT IS LIKE FLYING WITH RYANAIR. If yoy do a mistake i ciost you 1000 of euros! Stay away, and the worker are rely rude when you pick up the car. Rent from a seious company like Avis, Budget and so on, cost som more but whenthere is a problem its wotht every penny :)