[Resolved] GoldCar Rental

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 by

car hire

Murcia, Spain, Spain
Contact Number - 12268588. Although I have used you before I will never use you again due to you inflexiblility and lack of compassion. Most unhelpful, unflexible company. I have had to fly over as my father who lives out here is very sick. I got a one way flight as I didn't know how long I needed to be here for but I had to put a return date on the hire car. I flew into Murcia airport and picked up the hire car there. My father is now over the worse and I have managed to book a fight back home. Unfortunately there are no available flights out of Murcia so I have had to book a flight from Alicante. There is also a Gold Car office there so I thought I could call (even if I had to pay extra, to drop the car off at Alicante). My car is booked until Sunday (13th) and I am going back a day early (Saturday 12th) than I booked the car hire. Phoned customer service and have asked them because I cannot get a flight out of Murcia whether I can drop the car off at their Alicante drop off point. Answer was no because of the category of car!!! I DIDN'T CHOSE IT, IT WAS AN EMERGENCY AND I TOOK WHAT WAS AVAILABLE. No flexibility at all and I have used before but will never use again. Really unhelpful company...Be warned...lots of hidden charges too. Also took out insurance through the broker I booked through when I booked to find out it wasn't accepted at the desk so had to purchase another. You con your customers. I will review your service wherever I can so people see how unhelpful and inflexible you are. I have now got to drive to Murcia to drop off the car and then find someone that could then take me to Alicante. You have added to the stress of what has already been a horrendous week.

Resolution statement

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Aug 16, 2017
Dear Mr. Sheperd,

First of all, we are really sorry to hear what you're going through. Our services should never be a hassle to our customers and less in situations like this, when a family member is not going through a nice time at all.

However, we want to inform you that our offices have the schedules prepared for a specific numbers of bookings, and the fact that a car from the category you chose will have to be driven back to Murcia doesn't help. We know that this was a very improvised trip, as you didn't know how the illness was going to evolve, but we want to introduce you the "One Way" rental. Where you can choose different offices for check-out and check-in.

We know that this reply to your post is not going to be very helpful, but it's unfortunatelly all we can do.

You have also the option to "Report a problem" on the following link: https://www.goldcar.es/en/incidencias/

Kind regards,
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree