GM / faulty passlock system

CA, United States Review updated:
I have a problem with my 2000 Chevy Impala, the dealership recently charged me $812.00 to replace cylinder and ignition switch and I’m not sure they done the work because I did not receive a new recoded key. Also was charged for replacing a faulty passlock module but no part was list on bill as order. I don’t know what to do about this crap
Ed

Comments

Th
  26th of Jan, 2009
I own a 99 Chevy S-10 wiht the pass lock system. Over the last few years it's been nothing but trouble. I've been
left stranded I don't know how many times. I'm extremely frusturated with this STANDARD feature and don't know what to do. Every time I've been stranded I take it to a mechanic or a dealership and they always tell me its not the pass lock it's somenthing else. I took my truck to a dealership in Las Vegas after I was stranded and they ended up replacing my fuel pump which costed me $900.00. A few months later I was left stranded again.
I currently reside in North Dakota and it really sucks to get stranded when the temp. outside is -10 deg. Any way I was wondering if any one knew how to bypass the system. Of course the dealerships will say no their's not but their all greedy ### any way. I love how these automotive companies produce trash for people to buy but never admit to their errors. The passlock system unless its overhauled is garbage. I won't buy another GM vehicle with passlock untill I know it's either been removed or completely overhauled. But then again they would have to admit their was a problem in the first place. Thanks for reading ... One very ticked off customer.

Dave M.