GlassesUSA.com / broken glasses

Jul 13, 2015
When I was growing up I learned that it is always best to “do the right thing” and, if you live by that rule you will be healthy, happy, and prosperously. Later, in life, I learned that the same was true in business. Companies that “do the right thing” research and manufacturer the best products, have the happiest employees, and make the most money. Through my interaction with GlassesUSA, I’ve learned that you don’t follow that philosophy. You clearly state that you are customer driven yet; in my case you have fallen short. GlassesUSA have refused:

1. To extend the 50% discount (on premium frames) when it has done so for the past 3 years.
2. To honor the word of a customer service representative who promised a replacement pair of glasses worth the same value.
3. To honor the pledge to meet (and beat) the price of a competitor’s frames(because in the dark recesses of you legalese it is state that you don’t do that on premium frame).

The other issue that I find embarrassing is that the three founders – Jewish men living in Israel – act in such a shortsighted manner. I am offended that you would treat another Jewish person, such as myself, with such little respect. I wonder what this is teaching your employees, family, and friends. More importantly, for the three of you, what impact your behavior will has on your company.

Eric Kastriner