General Motors Corporation / service to my vehicle

1 United States

I have a 2012 GMC Terrain that I have had regularly serviced at Suntrup Buick GMC in St Peters MO for the past 6 years. The vehicle went out of the 100, 000 mile warranty last summer. In June 2018 at 107, 150 miles the vehicle was serviced for a timing chain replacement and worn actuators. There was also a multi-point inspection done on the vehicle ($1828.21). September 2018 the vehicle experienced total loss of power while driving on the freeway. Immediate inspection showed no oil on the dipstick. The vehicle was towed to the nearest dealer -Bob Brockland, Columbia, IL. The service representative there told me when they accessed the motor they saw rear cam 6 of 8 rockers fell out, rear cam actuator out of alignment. Also noticed that the actuator bolts were were not tightened down-finger tight-as well as cam damage. They did not take timing cover off for further inspection. I was charged $200 for there diagnostics. The vehicle was towed as professional courtesy to Suntrup Buick. It was my understanding that the damage done was caused by the loose actuator bolts. When Suntrup Buick received the vehicle I was told that the problem was caused by a known service directive of excessive oil consumption. The dealer proceeded to rebuild my engine at no cost. I would have let this matter be over but after researching the known oil consumption directive I discovered that if this were in fact the reason my vehicle experienced problems, it was also the same reason my timing mechanism was damaged but it was not brought out at that time and I was charged for services. I am still out the $200. The representative at Bob Brooklyn told me to collect from Suntrup and Suntrup keeps telling me to collect from Bob Brooklyn. At one point (Dec 2018) the service representative from Bob Brooklyn called me and asked if I had ever received the $200. He said he was going to have his dealer send a check. I still haven't received the check and I have called and inquired two times. I am very disheartened by the suspected lack of integrity I have experienced from both GMC service centers. I am ready to purchase a new vehicle and have serious misgivings about ever purchasing a GM vehicle again. I am very frustrated by the situation and also by my inability to contact anyone to speak to personally. I am only hoping that this registered complaint will get addressed and I will be contacted before I escalate this whole situation up to the Better Business Bureau and local consumer advocates.

Wp