General Motors Corporationservice on nav screen did not fix problem, now no longer under warranty

I had my 2015 GMC Denali in for service and asked the service department to fix my Navigation screen/ software. It locks up and the touch screen does not work, and then continuously switches between screen on it's own. This vehicle was still under warranty at this time.
They attempted to update the software, and shortly after I got home, the system began malfunctioning once again.
I had to leave for work the next day, and work away from home on an oil rig, for three weeks at a time. I emailed the service department explaining that the problem was not fixed and that I would have to get them to look at it again.
When I got home from work, my truck was now past the warranty mileage, I mentioned the issue at my next service and was told that the service department will only cover 50% of the cost to fix the problem because my truck is past it's warranty period. I explained to them that I had emailed them immediately after I left from their garage, but they still insist they cannot cover this issue under full warranty.
I feel this issue should be fixed by the dealership at no cost to me because they did not originally fix the issue and it was still an issue while my warranty was valid.

Tr