General Motors / terrible experience

1 Bloomingdale, IL, United States Review updated:

I have an '02 Chevy Avalanche that had the paint bubbling just above the rear passenger wheel well. I took it to the dealer and they stated that it wasn't a paint defect, it was due to a scratch in the clear coat that allowed water to seep in behind the paint and cause the paint to peel. I contacted GM and they agreed with the dealer (without seeing the truck). When I went to get it fixed, it was all rusted behind the paint. They the auto body shop put a patch and repainted it. 4 months later, the paint is bubbling again due to the quarter panel rusting out. I believe that this is a design flaw. I have heard of others who have this problem. I am looking for others so that we can have a strong case against GM to have them pay to have it fixed.

Comments

• Sh
      9th of Jul, 2008

I have a Pontiac Grand Am back in 2006 I had to replace part of the theft systems because it would lock me out it costs around 450.00 and i would not be able to start the car for about 10 - 15 minutes. I just had to replace this again 7-08 the same parts because it was doing this again. I called GM to see if they would reimburse me for the cost of the parts and they informed me that they would not because it has been almost 2 years. It was the same parts that I had to replace. I just want to put this out there because I know I am not the only person that has had this problem because I started to ask around where I work. It seems that if they know they have a problem they should honor there product..

• Ro
      30th of Sep, 2009

I am the owner of a 2002 chevy alalanche and it now has 73, 000 miles onit and have not had t do anything major on the vehicle other than tires and battery. It gets constantly 15-16 miles per gallon around town. It is by far the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Iplan to buy another one in 2009(a much upgraded one) and hope the 09 is as good as the 2002.The only complaint I have is that is has a huge blind spot when backing up. The 09 has the camera and bumper sensors which will help.