General Electric / ge washer gbvh5140hww failed after 2 years

Canada Review updated:

Bought a GE Front Load washer two years ago. The warranty has expired and the main circuit board on the unit has failed. The service technician says it will cost $493.00 to replace it. I opted to pay him $84.00 for the service call and decided to replace the entire unit with something other than GE. I highly suggest avoiding GE and GE Profile appliances, they are not reliable.

Comments

• Ge
      5th of Feb, 2010

This is Megan from GE. Sorry to hear about the problems with your washing machine. If you would like me to research the issue, please email me the details at [protected]@ge.com.

• Ad
      26th of Feb, 2010

GE was nice enough to contact me and agree that it was unusual for the inverter to fail (which is what the service technician said). Megan said she would mail me a check for the cost of the part which I used to repair the machine and now its working. Thanks GE.

• Ki
      4th of Apr, 2013

I bought a GE washer GBVH5140HWW 5 years ago. The washer tanks are broken
    cause by a part between two tanks. Answer to my problem: $850 in parts and $150 in repair ??!!! This is crasy... I need GE's help on this. How come I have to pay for something like that ???

• Di
      7th of Jan, 2015

Hi I have a front load and on the spin cycle I smell smoke can't figure out what wrong I tried turning the speed down but still smells like smoke what could it be help pls

• Ic
      11th of Jan, 2015

I have a GBVH5140HWW model front load washer when I do a load of laundry I smell burnt something and see smoke when i open the door after the load is done. Please direct me to how I can get GE to fix this before it starts a fire in my house . Thank you!