Geico / terrible service

On August 2nd, 2008, I cancelled my auto insurance policy with Geico (last 4 digets are 0507) because of their poor customer service and because they caused me a $250 fine by cancelling my insurance policy (apparently because of my payment being lost in the mail) then telling the DMV that I have no insurance without first contacting me.

I made the mistake of paying Geico a six-month premium before I learned about this when I went in to register my car at the DMV.

I've signed up with a different insurance company since then, yet I continue to get recorded calls harassing me about the policy at Geico that I do not want. Each call costs me money since I use a pre-paid cell phone.

To date Geico has not reimbursed me for the premium they owe me after my cancellation, they have not reimbursed me for the $250 fine, and they continue to make harassing, automated, prerecorded phone calls.

The harassment and unpaid amount that Geico owes me has gone on way too long. I received the latest call today, 1/12/2008 at 2:05 pm, from the phone number, [protected], a full five months after I cancelled my policy.

I urge Geico to do the right thing and reimburse me, and I urge consumers NOT to use Geico.

D  27th of Aug, 2009 by
a payment that was "lost in the mail" that geico never recieved? most pmt are due about 30 days before the policy runs out. and even then theres always a cancellation notice sent out. youre complaining about your dmv fine?? why would anyone pay for your fault? YOU had the lapse. when you didnt notice a payment deduct from your bank acct maybe you shoulda got on top of that and checked it out.

5260 Western Ave.