4201 Spring Valley Rd, Dallas, TX, 75244, US

Reviews and Complaints

Scam and cheating!

I have had geico for quite some time. Recently I received a cancellation notice. Said payment due on Nov 19. I called in and had my employer call stating I could not make a payment until the 29th at the latest. The representative said that would be fine the policy would not cancel they would extend it. The night before Thanksgiving we were traveling to Dallas and hit a wild bore which tore up the front of our vehicle. I contacted Geico and they said my policy was cancelled due to non payment. I told them I had called in and explained about the payment. They basically called me and my employer liars. This company is nothing but about the bottom line.

Buyer beware!!!

Jana Smith Jan 11, 2008

This isn;t really a complaint but a Insurance question regarding a vechile hitting a pedestrian in a crosswalk and the pedestrian gets a ticket but not the driver. then if that pedestrian gets hurt and goes to the hospital does the pedestrians auto, insurance pay for injuries stained and treated by the hospitals. or does their health insurance pay for this or dos this kind of thing go through the judical system I can't find any one else on the intrent to answer my question just a curious policy holder. Jana Smith

• Co
    Corie Kennedy Jan 12, 2008

This type of question has many variables. Usually, if the ped and not the driver is cited, the ped would be at least 51% @ fault. Depending on the ins co's, they may decide to share the cost. If the ped does have auto ins, that would be the primary payor, if none then health ins should kick in. Their ins, be it auto or health, may decide to argue the responsibility of fault and deciding on the factors, it may go into arbitration and that would decide who would pay or if it would be split . This is just one of those questions that has no firm answer. Hopefully for the driver, the ped was dressed in black, crossing against the light and it was dark outside

• Co
    Corie Kennedy Jan 12, 2008

Barney, sorry to hear of your dilema. Normally ins co. do not extend your policy past the due date if payment has not been made , what they will do is re-instate it when payment is made. I dont know, but it could be you mis-understood the terminology or they didnt made their statement clear. I hate to say it, but let this be a lesson to all, NEVER take a statement from someone over the phone as gospel, always GET it in writing with the persons name and date. They are not in business to extend coverage to anyone who is not paid up to date. In the future if you have to, if you can, borrow the $$ or put the payment on a credit card( which I dont advise lightly), but always, have your mortagage (rent) and ins paid up to date. You will always need a place to live , and if you are in an ins mandatory state, you could get a no ins ticket also. I am certainly not condoning the lie they told you if you did understand correctly, but they cant pay for a claim if payment is not up to date. Could you imagine how many scofflaws would take advantage of that ??? Good luck in the future( and pay ahead if you can )

• Mo
    Morvan Mar 11, 2008

Payment, and only payment, binds coverage. Well-known fact.

• Je
    jean stanley Mar 26, 2010

I would like to comment about GEICO's policy of wasting company money and ticking off customers by sending out LATE NOTICES BEFORE THE BILL IS DUE! This has been happening on a regular basis now for the past year. I have called GEICO to complain about this policy to no avail.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices