Geico / attempt to get credit card # got ss#
internet address: http://www.geico.com
The online forma wouldn't allow for no vehicle so I called
Online help phone # [protected]. I was told the reps were all busy and he'd take a call back number. I allowed that.
I was requesting "named nonopwners policy" according to Derrick whe he called back.
He was personable and chatty, helpful and kind.
Many other local insurance companies I'd called said they didn't issue these for OR.
Derrick, representing GEICO said he could. In our chatting and questions from him he asked for my SS#, which I normally would not give, but did in this situation.
He wanted to do a credit check and I told him I did not want a check on my card because it would affect my rate. He said he'd make a soft hit which wouldn't have any affect. I was still not alerted in the moment to the possibiliy of a scam, although he didn't follow through with that and ask for the card #.
He gave me a high quote and I said no...we ended off as he couldn't make the quote lower. But I guess he got partly what he wanted...my SS#.
Nice to feel vulnerable doing normal State required business at age 63, lone female and vulnerable. Too sad, too bad.
More Geico Complaints & Reviews
- Geico Car Insurance - refused to pay my claim! 
- Geico - geico policies and procedures! 
- Geico - cancel policy 
- Geico - geico will not pay claim 
- Geico - scam and cheating 
- Geico Insurance - insurance claim
- Geico - racial discrimination and false pretenses by investigator brian 
- Geico - auto insurance auto-pay
- Geico - auto
- Geico Insurance Company - an insured geico driver complaint