American Residential Warranty Logo

American Residential Warranty

Having problems with American Residential Warranty?

American Residential Warranty Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 910 8538 (Customer Service)
+1 800 341 3624 (All States excl. CA & VA)
+1 800 863 8600 (CA & VA Residents)
+1 844 885 8621 (Electronics Protection)
+1 877 752 6796 (Billing Inquiries)
901 Yamato Road, Ste 100E
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Residential Warranty Customer Service. Initial American Residential Warranty complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Residential Warranty above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Residential Warranty. Discuss the issues you have had with American Residential Warranty and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

American Residential WarrantyInsufficient repairs on residential refrigerator

On or around November the 2nd, We contacted ARW Insurance because our refrigerator stopped freezing. We were advised that we would have to pay $55 service fee to schedule a appointment, which was ok with us. a claim was filed, a tech was sent out. We were told by the tech that everything was now working correctly and that we would have no more problems with the refrigerator. Now, 30 days later, we are having the same problem that this tech and company claimed that was repaired. We contacted American Residential Warranty, and discussed the situation with them, and we were advised that the 30 day warranty was up, and that our allotment money was spent, which we were not aware of when we first signed up for this insurance. We have tried unsuccessfully several times to communicate with associates and supervisors about the situation. They are supposed to be problem solvers. We asked that the same company be sent back out to repair the problem they were paid to repair . We pay a monthly premium for this service and feel we are being ignored and mistreated. my name is cary l burch jr. [protected] address 2013 rockwell road orlando fl 32808

American Residential WarrantyFiling an expedited claim

I called your company Wednesday, November 25th, and spoke with some old guy who could not pull up my account. I have spoke with 3 people this morning that can't speak English at all, it was very difficult to understand what they were saying. I had to demand a claim# [protected]. I have a leak under my kitchen sink and I have asked for an expedited appointment, one customer service rep. tells me the appointment will be Tuesday, Dec 1st, another representative says it will be Wednesday before they can dispatch my claim. This is unacceptable, I have asked to speak with a Supervisor on every call, and have not received a call back. I want a call from a Supervisor today and I want this issue resolved today. My next step is to report this company to the Better Business Bureau.

Aug 21, 2020

American Residential Warranty — Services delivered & poorly rated contractor

On 8/20/2020 I called to make a service claim. My claim number is [protected]. It was in reference to plumbing ...

Dec 16, 2019

American Residential Warranty — service on an ipad

I have an iPad that was having a charging issue. After trying several cords both apple and off-market, it...

American Residential Warranty — will not cover expenses

American Residential Home Warranty is a rip off. My AC unit stopped working on a Friday, when I got home that...

American Residential Home Warranty — warranty coverage

Do not, under any circumstance, use American Residential Home Warranty. This company is a scam full of...

American Residential Warranty — service complaint

This company is a SHAM, stay far away. Being in Texas the weather is horrendously hot. So I recently had an...

American Residential Warrantyunprofessional and billing without service contract

We had American Residential Warranty for our rental home. We sold our home in February 2015 We called American Residential Warranty at that time and told them that we were selling the home, and were calling to inform them that we were cancelling our policy. We also asked for a Declaration page, as they had not sent us a current one. They said that they would, but sent another booklet and no declaration page. They wouldn't provide a return of money, but said to provide the remainder of the policy to the new owners. So, we did that. On 1/26/16 we received a credit card notice and see that American Residential Warranty has charged us $374.56 for the upcoming year. We call them again on 1/26/16, talked to billing who acknowledged that we indeed did call them February 2015, but refused to contact the credit card agency and credit the current 2016 charge. We explained that we did not authorize them to charge our credit card, have not owned the home for almost a year, and had called and informed them that we were selling the home and wanted to cancel service. They did not ask for anything in writing in February 2015, but want us to now send a them a letter and cancel. We asked to speak with the billing department's supervisor, and the person at American Residential Warranty hung up on us. They are performing a run-around, are not acting in a professional manner, and are illegally trying to collect money that is not due them.

American Residential Home Warranty — hot water heater

My name is Sandra Holmes My address is 8690 Clear Sky Path Cordova, Tennessee 38018 Customer #[protected] Legal...

American Residential Warranty — service not provided as promised

I took the home warranty from the company in the beginning of June 2014. I noticed a minor leak in my kitchen...

American Residential Warrantyfailed to carry out responsibilities

On about August 24th, 2012, I purchased American Residential Warranty for my home. Before purchasing the warranty, I asked the sales representative to go over what my plan covers and what my plan does not cover. The representative specifically told me that the warranty covered air-conditioning units yet they failed to repair my broken AC unit that's currently sitting, as good as dead, in my backyard. They told me that the parts that were needed to be replaced were not covered by the warranty. I than began to think. "so what is covered in my warranty plan?" Although I've found no answer to that question, I certainly will never do business with American Residential Warranty again because they deceive their customers and make absurd excuses. Finally, I have reason to believe that the sales representatives at American Residential Warranty are liars and thieves attempting to steal your money and offer you services. However, in reality, the only service that they offer is taking away your money with a smile and than putting you on hold and transferring you until you get a simple answer, "This is not covered."

RESOLVED

• American Residential Warranty's response · Jun 06, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Please contact me directly to discuss your complaint so that we can look further into why this issue was not covered and the deceptive tactics you believe were employed. We save homeowners thousands on in home repairs and replacements every day, but like any home warranty, there are parts of systems and equipment that are excluded from coverage as outlined in the Home Service Agreement.

I can be reached by email: [email protected]
            I can be reached by phone: [protected] x 187

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Chris T.

American Residentail Warrantyunfilled claim/request

Letter submitted to American Residential Warranty

I am writting due to the fact I did not recieve a notice that a payment plan has been cancelled per my request.. I made a request August 9, 2012 to canel this contract.

My resoning is I called for services due to a problem with my toilet. After your agent placed me on hold for @ 9-10 mins. She came back on the line and said she could not sent up a request. She advised me to contact another plumber have that plumber diagonsis the problem and call you with the problem. I find that to be unacceptable. I am not sure of plumbing terminology, in describing my situation. At that time I requested to speak w/a supervisor, I spoke w/Josh? At this time I told him I wanted to cancel my contract,. I have not received confirmation of the cancellation and I do not want anything taken out of my acct. or debited from my account.

So Please cancel, this is not what I expected, my warranty company I had previously made the services calls and I had no problems.

RESOLVED

• American Residential Warranty's response · Jun 06, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Our plans can be cancelled in writing by fax, email, or physical mail pursuant to Section VIII of our Home Service Agreement specifically outlining cancellation. We would like to ensure your request has been received so please feel free to contact me directly.

Email: [email protected]
              Phone: [protected] x187

Sincerely,
              Chris T.

American Residential Home Warranty — no service repair

American Residential do not tell when you sign up for their service that if your Appliances or AC unit are...