GE Money Bank / Unauthorized billing!

1 El Paso, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-396-8254

I am very frustrated with this company. Five years ago I bought a $1000 t.v. on store credit, paid it off, no biggie. Two years ago I requested an increase in credit from a major credit card company. Denied, bad credit. I investigated and learned GE money bank had erroneously reported I had a bankruptcy on the account with which I purchased the t.v. They apologized and assured me it was fixed.

One year later I went to purchase a car. It was not fixed. Again I called. They were more sorry than before. Again I was assured it was fixed. This time I wasn't so stupid and kept their letter than supposedly absolved my of this faux credit sin. It clearly says, my account had been corrected and reported to all three reporting companies.

Yesterday I went for a home loan. GE Money Bank reported to all 3 credit companies the exact error I was trying to fix: I had closed the account due to my bankruptcy. My nearly 800 credit score is hovering at 700 thanks to them. When I called customer service I am transferred to bankruptcy services. They are closed after I get of work.

Now I need to take work time to straighten this all out. I am left feeling very much like a victim since I have only paid all my debts on time, and take great pride in my score. I will get a higher APR on the house I am buying because of an error I didn't make.

I wish they would just fix it, and immediately correct my problem. I will make certain in the future to NEVER get a credit card with this company again. If your credit matters to you the way my credit matters to me, do not ever take a card with this rinky dink company. They perpetuated fraud on my good name.

Va

Comments

• Pr
      26th of May, 2008

I agree that GE Money Bank is a fraud. They have been debiting my son's account. I have power of attorney, and what I have found out that someone has taken my daughter-in-law id opened up a credit card account, have the payments debited from my son's account. I went to bank filed out ACH unauthorized Debit . so what does GE Money do, they try to debit the account with a different id for them. luckly my bank caught it. I mailed them a priority mail certified letter in which they have to sign for. in it was my power of attorney (copy of course), copy of letter to bbb, my bank and the state attorney of florida case no. I also requested they contacted the fake daughter in law and get their payments from her and I requested the mailing address to this fake daughter in law. Well guess what, it's been two weeks and i have not received my green delivery card. They probably refused to take delivery.