The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

GE Money Bank / Changing my address to aquire late fees

1 PO Box 981064El Paso, TX, United States Review updated:
Contact information:
Phone: 1866-396-8254

I recieved a phone call today from ge money informing me that i need to make a payement on my card because i was accumulating late fees. I got this card back in jan. and used in for an automotive repaire because of its 6 month defered interest. My balance was paid off well with in that time and continued to get monthly statements untill this balance was paid off. I then used my card again last month to purchase new tires for my car. I never recieved a bill or a statement from ge money reguarding this transaction or new balance. I kinda forgot about this being a college student and also working a full time job or i would have paid online. They told me my address and it was somthing totally different form what i gave them when I opened this account. How can my address just change without my confirmation???? Who changed it?? Then they wanted me to go ahead and pay that interest over the phone right then and there so it would not be on my next statement. Why should i have to pay for their mistake? I argued with the supervisor for twenty min about this. He kept asking me to confirm the payment over the phone after telling him NO multiple times. He also read me my creadit card number, name, and my bank i go through to confirm this transaction that i kept refusing, and telling him that i am NOT going to do. I am going to make my payment, not including the late fees and finance charges that just so happened to accumulate over this period of time, but of the original charge to my card. If anyone else has had this same problem please post it. This is nothing more than a scam from them to make more money. If you stop recieving monthly statements i suggest contacting gemoney right away.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • La
      26th of Sep, 2008
    0 Votes

    Violation of Fair Credit Billing Act - File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission

Post your comment