GE Money Bank / Collections
I submitted an application at Mervyns after buying some clothes for my daughter. The 15% discount sounded like a great idea just to aquire a $500 credit card.
This was on 4-04-08. On 5-05-08 after having not received my card yet, I drove back over to Mervyns and asked the cashier if I could pay my bill.
She could not access my account without an account number. I explained to her I never received a credit card so I can't give her a number. She told me to go to the customer service window.
Here I am at the customer service window and guess what she tells me. I can't give you your account number. She pointed to a bank of phones at the nearby wall.
I walked over to the phones and picked up a handset which of course placed me on hold.
After waiting for 5-6 minutes I hung up and walked out in disgust.
2 weeks flew by. On the 3rd week, I started getting these phone calls every day by GE money bank about my Mervyns card.
I called them a week later and guess what he told me? Of course this was after explaining the whole situation to him.
He could not give me my account number over the phone and I had to get the store customer service to call him.
Back to the store I went. Back to the customer service window I went. I explained my situation again.
She called GE money bank. I received my account number. I paid off my account on the spot.
I found out that I already had an account with Mervyns exactly a year ago in 2007.
This store/bank allowed me to open two accounts with the same name with the same drivers license number. I never received a card for the account opened in 2007 either.
I closed both accounts on the spot and the guy at GE money bank had the nerve to ask me why I closed my accounts.
This bank hasn't a clue how to treat a customer. Especially with a 23% credit card.
I found out that day that Ge money bank had already turned my account into their in-house collections department for non-payment of my account.
Never again will I shop at Mervyns. Never again will I have anything to do with GE money bank.
More GE Money Bank Complaints & Reviews
- GE Money Bank - Cheating customers! 
- GE Money Bank-Yamaha Installment Financing - Unauthorized ACH Transaction, fraud, vioalation of fair credit reporting act 
- Ge Money Bank / Care Credit - Cheating, lying swindlers! 
- Ge Money Bank / Amazon.com - amazon.com store card denial 
- GE Money Bank - Being sued for outrageous fees! 
- GE Money GE Homelending Cerberus Ltd T/A MyMoneyBank - house renovation loan - in france
- GE Money Bank - Care Credit
- GE Capital bank money finance - the stole 3,500 dollars from me 
- Ge Care Credit - overcharged interest 
- GE MONEY - credit rating