GE Money Bank / late fees

1 CT, United States Review updated:

I paid off in full a balance from a medical credit card of several hundred dollars. I then recieved a bill from the company that I owed them $1.00 which I sent them a check for. I then recieved a bill for late fee's a few months later. I called the number on the bill and the service agent told me it would be taken care of. Several years later I recieved a letter from a collection agency stateing I owed several hundred dollars in late fee's. It is now a charge off.

Comments

8th of Sep, 2008

I was charged a late fee in spite of the fact the payment was mailed 5 days early. They said they needed 7 - 10. I said even Visa doesn't ask that. It doesn't take more than 3 days to get from Michigan to Florida. Also it took me 10 minutes to get the first person and almost 20 minutes before the escalation person answered. They do not have a way to contact them on-line. If they are experiencing a "high volume of calls" it's because they either don't hire enough people to answer phones or people are calling after getting ripped off. Personally I think it's both. I will never buy from them again which is sad because the maytag store near me is very nice and provides good service. GE Money Bank is a scam. Never Never again.

• Ti
      6th of Oct, 2008

tell me about it, they rip people off big time. We were charged late fee's on two accounts about 3 times before I got fed up and canceled the accounts. Then I recieve things in the mail from them telling me they closed my accounts because of late payments. Not me closing them but them, and they reported it to a collection agency. Please do not deal with these people!!!

• St
      14th of Oct, 2008

I had the same thing done to me. I paid my bill early and was charged late fees because it was not paid during their computer cycle or something like. The Rep could hardly speak english so it was to understand anything. He was very rude and almost insulting when explained my problem. I got my card through Rooms To Go so buyer beware, they do not have the best reputation either.

• Fr
      18th of Dec, 2008

It's a sistematic practice of GE Money Bank. They did to me two times. I'll never use this fraudulent bank again in my life. ' BE CAREFULLY'.

30th of Dec, 2008

I have submitted two payments online through my checking account. Each one 4 or 5 days in advance of the due date. I was charged late fees on two payments, saying they were not recieved on time. When I made a phone call concerning this I was told it was because they could not recieve electronic payments from my bank. Iwas told that my bank was mailing them. How could a bank as large as GE not accept electronic payments? Is this so that people are forced into using phone payments at the last minute? At a cost of 10-15 dollars. Late fees of 39 dollars, are certainly more profitable than interest. Ihope that they fail and are out business soon because of the stealing.

• Gi
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Oh, I definitely agree. Today, I was on the phone with them because of a supposed late fee. I paid the Bill on 3/21 before I left for vacation and paid other bills at the same time. The other bills I paid, posted 5 days after I mailed out the checks, which was on 3/25! I sent GE Money bank on the same day and they didn't post the check until April 13th, 3 weeks later! I was fuming. It took me 3 tries to have them remove the late fee since I just paid about $500 dollars on the account to lower the amount that keeps continuing to climb because of interest rates, or whatever they are doing with supposed 'promotion ending' and not paying by a certain time.

Eventually the last person on the phone listened to me and removed the late fee, but I am so glad that this awful account is closed because this was the biggest mistake I ever made - opening this account. I will never, ever do something like this again. This was the biggest scam. Lessoned learned - Stay away from GE Money bank and pay the card off ASAP!

• Jc
      26th of Aug, 2009

oh these are ###.. I batter not see GEMONEY walking around a dark alley one of these days or i will be getting my money back.. I paid on the internet and had payment confirmation numbers and they still charged me late fees.

• Ge
      26th of Jul, 2011

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your CareCredit account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number
    - Reference code DM 072611-CC
    For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,