GE Money Bank / Credit App Denial

United States Review updated:
I'm a second-time customer at Steinmart purchasing under $100. They have the best customer service. At the checkout, the lady asks if I wanted to apply for a Steinmart card which accrues bonus points and instantly gives me $20 back. I wanted to shop there more often so I agreed.

The instant application didn't take. After calling the credit card issuing company and giving them all the information they required, I received a letter saying I was denied because of insufficient information. I will not shop at Steinmart again nor will I recommend them unless they get rid of GE Money Bank, the credit card issuer.

Unfortunately the people at GE never learned their marketing lessons, about how hard and expensive it is to attract new customers. Furthermore the people at GE aren't people-friendly, not knowing how to ask for information that can banefit their future bottom line as well as Steinmart's. But they are good at pressing buttons on a keyboard -- a valuable skill to have in tough economic times like these.

Comments

La
  17th of Nov, 2008
You are better off not having an account with GEMB.

Just do a search on GEMB, GE Money etc and you will find thousands of complaints from people all over the world.

GEMB RIPS OFF IT GOOD CUSTOMERS - to pay for their bad business decisions.
Ma
  14th of Jul, 2012
I love stein-mart. I hate the credit card . It is always way off and a fight over and over to get in corrected.Likewise here we are in good standing with lots of money bank cards which we have now dropped because we thought we were getting a Sam's club discover card, but in fact it would have been one from GE money bank's discover card, and we have the real discover card. and we got turned down as the idiot credit manager at Sam's club did not put in our income and we got a letter that we were denied as to our credit rating."What???? Said we "and we cancelled all of the cards we had with GE but for care-credit dental and we love it. It is a disgrace and Stein Mart can keep the two miserable cards they offer from there. I loved Freedom card. GE money bank needs to shape up and stein mart likewise. Uggggg.
Ma
  14th of Jul, 2012
my comment is above. I failed to add miserable pay pal Another money bank nonsense branch. I am in the process of quitting./

GE Money Bank Logo GE Money Bank