Gateway / Unethical business

1 United States

This company is unbelievable! Gateway is the most unprofessional incompetent company I have ever had to deal with. At the end of April 2009 my internal cd drive broke which was of course after the warranty had just expired. So, I called gateway. I proceed to give the customer service rep my make and serial number off of my computer. I pay for the $400 part with my debit card. After waiting for nearly six weeks I finally received the part. I tore my computer apart and when I went to install the new cd drive there were no instructions and it was the wrong part. After calling Gateway I was told that gateway did not carry the part I needed and I would have to contact their corporation. Amazing that after giving them all of the correct information on my computer, they could still screw up so badly. I ordered the correct part from their corporation, received it and installed it with no problem. However that was not all I still had to deal with returning the incorrect part to gateway. Of course, they do not include return shipping labels with their orders. So once again I had to call gateway and order return shipping labels. Another 7 - 10 business days. The labels never came. So again I called gateway. Another set of labels would be sent, another 7-10 business days. Finally the labels arrived. I packaged the part & sent it back the same day the labels were received. I tracked the package and it arrived at gateway on July. Two weeks later I still had not received my refund. I called gateway and was told my order was being "processed" and if I did not receive my refund in a few more days, I should call consumer refunds. Another week goes by but no refund. This is a company which follows unethical business.